Style

Met Gala 2018 After Party- Best Dressed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTRGV chapter.

Earlier this week we posted an article about the best dressed female celebrities at the Met Gala if you haven’t already read that article you can check it out here: http://www.hercampus.com/school/utrgv/met-gala-2018-best-dressed The Met Gala fashion doesn’t stop when the event is over though, after the gala celebs gathered at the Met Gala after party hosted by Versace. While some celebrities opted not to change for the after party, many other celebs did change for the after party. Some celebrities redeemed themselves after a less than fashionable outfit earlier that night while others proved they were the best dressed from start to finish. Below is a list of the best dressed celebrities at the Versace Met Gala After Party: 

Blake Lively:

Not only did Blake kill the Met Gala with her show stopping dress, she also slayed the after party in her fashionable ensemble. She gave us total Serena Van Der Woodsen vibes in her plaid overcoat, white button up shirt, mini skirt and thigh high boots. It was in my opinion the best after party look of the night. 

Kendall Jenner:

Even though she made the worst dressed list for the Met Gala she definitely redeemed herself last the after party. The youngest Jenner sister wore a baby blue mini dress that featured a floral pattern. She paired her dress with a some strappy sandals for a casual after party look. 

Zendaya:

For the after party Zendaya decided to trade her armored Joan of Arc inspired dress for a fun playful dress. The dress featured a white bodice with long sleeves and a fun royal blue skirt, which featured a fun blue and yellow pattern on one side. To top off her fun look she paired the dress with white heels that had black polka dots. 

Gigi Hadid:

The goal of an after party outfit is to be comfortable and glamorous and Gigi achieved that goal. She rocked a white cropped tee, a rose gold jacked and matching rose gold pants that were seamlessly attached to her shoes. As an accessory she wore a cross-body purse. 

Katy Perry:

Yellow is the perfect pop of color for any dress, and Katy Perry’s after party dress was no exception. The American Idol judge ditched the big angel wings she was wearing at the beginning of the night for a simple yellow dress with black at the top and on her sleeves. To top off the look she wore yellow heels. 

Tory Burch:

It’s not surprising that a designer like Tory Burch would be one of the best dressed at the after party. The designer wore a floor length black dress with white lace detailing. The dress was simple, but classy and fashionable. 

Lili Reinhart:

At the Met Gala she wore a very shiny silver dress, but for the after party she opted for a classic black dress. Lili wore a sequined black dress with a fishnet overlay on top of it, and matching black heels. She took the basic black dress to a whole new level, and I have to say my favorite accessory that she took with her to the after party was her rumored boyfriend and co-star Cole Sprouse. 

Emma Stone:

I was definitely taken to La La Land when I saw Emma Stone’s after party dress. The actress rocked a long navy blue dress, that featured gold accents. She kept all the focus on her dress by ditching the jewelry. Her black and white shoes were my least favorite part of the look, but overall she still looked good enough to make the best dressed list. 

Lily Collins:

Lily Collins outfit was definitely one of the most creative of the night. She kept the top half of her Met Gala dress but traded the skirt for pants. She also took off her elaborate headpiece for the after party and rocked a slicked bun. Overall her outfit was very sleek and simple, but in a very fashionable way. 

Anne Hathaway:

Even though her dress from the Met Gala was one of the worst, Anne Hathaway was able to redeem herself with her after party outfit. The actress wore a two piece black ensemble. The top had a very whimsical shape that added drama to the outfit. For bottoms she stuck to simple black pants. 

Tessa Thompson:

This was another one of my favorite outfits from the night. Tessa wore an all silver dress with thigh length white boots. The dress was a perfect balance between comfort and glamour. The look was more glamorous than some of the others from the night, but it was not over the top. She accessorized with black sunglasses. 

Jennifer Lopez:

Her first dress from the evening made the best dressed and her after party dress definitely deserves the title of best dressed too. Jennifer wore a short black dress with sequins that correspond to the colors that were on the dress she wore to the gala. For an extra touch she added a feathered jacket and some burgundy open-toed heels. 

Yara Shahidi:

Speaking of the perfect balance between comfort and glamour, Yara Shahidi’s outfit was just that. She wore a knee-length sequin white dress. The dress was simple but the sequins caught the light perfectly adding an extra tough of glamour. As for accessories she kept the look more casual by adding a cross-body purse and some fun sneakers. 

Letitia Wright:

Just like Lily Collins this young actress decided to keep her dress from earlier in the evening. Instead of switching up the skirt like Collins did Letitia Wright threw a denim jacked with floral patchwork over her dress. Even though the jacked was just one small touch it completely changed her outfit. Most of her dress was now covered and the look read more simple and casual than her dress did.  

Eiza Gonzalez:

Eiza arrived at the after party in a strapless mustard color top with floral designs, black pants and matching black heels. The pop of yellow on the top was the perfect pop of color for the outfit, and complimented the simplicity of the black pants perfectly. 

Kennedy Castillo is a student at the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley majoring in communications. She is the founder of her personal brand Kennedy C Media consisting of KennedyCBlog.com, The Simply Kennedy Podcast and Kennedy Castillo Youtube Channel. She previously worked with Riddle & Bloom as an Amazon Prime Student Ambassador. She is a freelance writer with published articles in Woman2Woman Magazine, Glue Magazine, Lune Magazine, Vinazine and Her Culture Magazine. She is the current Campus Correspondent and President of the UTRGV Her Campus Chapter and previously worked as a Her Campus Chapter Advisor, Her Campus Chapter Expansion Intern and Her Campus High School Ambassador Program Advisor.