This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTRGV chapter.

Name: Abdi Torres

Classification: Senior

Major: Business Management

Age: 21

Hometown: Edinburg

Abdi Torres is the college student behind The Inspo Spot, an Instagram she started that began as a personal account and has transformed into a fashion/lifestyle blog. I sat down with her and got to ask her some questions about her journey through college, and how starting this account has led to opportunities and new confidence.

Why did you pick Business Management for your major? Is it a passion you have?

It was the flexibility this degree offers to do with your life as you please!

What inspired you to start this account, why suddenly change from a personal account to a semi-professional blog?

It was something I had always wanted to do but never had the guts to do it. Then one day I just made up my mind and changed the name of my account. I only wish I had done it sooner. Fear was something that was always holding me back. I wanted to inspire anybody with motivation to be oneself, screw what people think of you, I want to spread inspiration.

How excited were you when you found out a company wanted to work with you?

I was so excited! I literally thought that the business e-mail I made for this account would always be empty. I made it just to look as professional or legit as other blogs and accounts look. It was definitely a “they’re noticing you, so you must be doing something right” moment.

Any other social media for @TheInspospot in the works?

I am working on launching an actual website/blog for The Inspo Spot, but the possibilities are definitely endless.

Any advice for someone who wants to start a blog, or who wants to get into social media as a profession, I understand you are just starting, what are some tips you wish you knew before hand?

You need to be consistent and plan ahead; my life would have been so much easier if I would have really understood that. I now shoot on one day several different looks to avoid stress, and now I balance it all out with my other things. Never let fear stop you. Fear screwed me over. If it doesn’t work then it doesn’t work, but what if it does! You won’t know until you try, go for it, be genuine, and don’t change who you are.

What are your plans after graduation?

That right now is such an uncertain part of my life, lol! I would love for The Inspo spot to be a part of those plans. I also plan to grow and continue to move up in my current company.

Follow The Inspo Spot on Instagram: @theinspospot_ 

UTRGV Class of 2018  Mass Comm Major Mexican-American Studies Minor