Why Megan Vineyard is Awesome

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTM chapter.

Megan Vineyard is someone who is seldom seen on campus unless you’re walking to the Business building or into Dr. Paula Moore’s office, but Megan is the face behind Phi Chi Theta, which is a national business fraternity with many chapters, and one of which I am proud to be a member. She is a mentor of sorts to our organization, plays a really good game of Corn Hole and has been known to say a good joke a time or two. I sat down to get to know our President better, and this is what she had to tell me about Phi Chi Theta (PCT) and what it means to her.

Megan is a senior, graduating in May of 2018 with a double degree in Accounting and Finance. Yes, that means she’s going to be graduating with two degrees for the price of one if you’re thinking about money. She’s so determined and has gotten out of here in four years, which is so admirable. Megan says that her favorite thing about her major is that it “allows me to utilize my skills of precision and solving problems that arise. Accountants must reconcile data depending on your area of focus, so I enjoy determining what is missing from the data or where I need to move a piece of information.” Megan is a very intelligent and has so many great skills that will enable her to be a great accountant once she passes her CPA exam, which allows her to have a license as a Certified Public Accountant.

Megan is currently serving as the President of the Beta Chi chapter of Phi Chi Theta. She was the President for the 2016-2017 school year, as well, and served as the Vice President and Secretary in the 2015-2016 school year as our chapter was rebuilding itself. She loves that PCT has allowed her to have “so many friendships and connections with people.” Megan’s love for PCT shines through our entire organization, which is how we are recognized across the country as an emerging and growing chapter. Because Phi Chi Theta is a national business fraternity that allows collegiates to grow relationships with students in their like majors and college, it has become a pivotal launching pad for Megan. The field of business is so wide that she enjoys being able to have conversations with people who “understand a topic I bring up in discussion.”

Phi Chi Theta is an organization that has been instrumental in Megan’s life. As we call her our Fearless Leader, Megan attributes a lot of her leadership skills to her hand in rebuilding our chapter into the size and success it is now seeing. We won the award at the Regional Meeting for the Highest Growth in a chapter, a bragging right that Megan is thrilled to have. PCT has allowed all of its members to participate in community service activities, professional events and even gives a support group with people who know which professors to take, have struggled through certain classes before you and are always a shoulder to lean on. Without Megan, PCT wouldn’t be what it is today, and it’s an organization in which I will forever be proud to be a member.

Photo courtesy of Megan Vineyard.

Sport Business major at UTM. Puppo enthusiast and active dog mom. Alpha Delta Pi.