This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTM chapter.

Martin, TN is a small town with very little excitement, but one of the few events that go on in small Martin is UT Martin’s Homecoming Week. People come from all over to watch the various events that happen during week. Alumni come back to their alma mater to support their sorority sisters, fraternity brothers or just to enjoy the atmosphere of this crazy week. Events such as rope pull, lip sync, pyramid, step show, womanless beauty review, quad city and more keep students busy in the afternoons with an atmosphere rushing with adrenaline and fun. I am going to share a little bit about some of the events.

One of the most iconic activities is rope pull. People talk about it weeks before hand and make sure it is written on the calendar, so that it’s not missed during a hectic schedule. Sororities and fraternities are broken down into brackets to compete against one another. You can find this event down in the “redneck mosh pit” behind the Student Recreation Center. Sororities typically pull first, then fraternities follow.

Lip sync is another exciting event that keeps this atmosphere going. A dance routine is made up around a certain word that follows the theme of homecoming that year. This year’s lip sync included a lot of travel subjects, because the theme was “Where in the World Is Captain Skyhawk?”

Quad city is the last big bang before the homecoming football game. There are tons of tents representing student organizations set up throughout the campus quad with various games, activities, food and much more. Families come and enjoy this event as well as students on campus. There is truly something for everyone during quad city.

UT Martin’s homecoming was a success this year, and students are already looking forward to the next one!

Cheyenne Johnson is a sophomore at the University of Tennessee at Martin and she is currently studying Agricultural Communications. Cheyenne comes to Martin from the small town of Scotts Hill that is located in West TN. She discovered she loved Martin once she had the chance to participate in the Tennessee Governors School of the Agricultural Sciences She is a sister of Sigma Alpha and is serving as the chapter Secretary. She is also a part of collegiate FFA as well as other organizations on campus. She is extremely excited to start this new journey with Her Campus at UTM.
I am a pre-vet major who loves to laugh (especially at myself), drink coffee, and spend time with my dog, Cora. I moved from Massachusetts to Tennessee to attend college at UTM and compete for their division 1 rifle team.