Style > Beauty

The Many Reasons Why I Shop at Aerie and Why You Should, Too

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTM chapter.

I started shopping at Aerie a few years ago. I was never a big fan of American Eagle, but I decided to make a trip to their sister store. I immediately fell in love. The bras were so soft. The undies were so cute. The leggings were so unique and fun. I didn’t know where to spend my money. It seemed like everything was on some sort of sale. I have endless reasons to shop at Aerie nowadays, and here are some of them:

1. Seriously, they’re always running a sale. If you follow their sales online, you know that you get an email every morning with some sort of sale. Even if it’s just a discount on panties, there’s something going on. The best days are the ones that start with a “25-60% off everything!” email.

2. They have so much more than just underwear these days. Aerie has become its own thing. They have a huge selection of leggings, sweatshirts, tops, bras, underwear, pajamas and even makeup. And you always know that everything is going to be extremely soft.

3. Their marketing campaign is inspiring. Shortly after I started shopping there, Aerie decided to stop photoshopping their models. Their whole angle became encouraging the shopper to love their body the way it is. Since then, they have gotten more and more inclusive with their models. The women range widely in age, size and shape. My diabetic friend was very excited to see a girl with a blood sugar monitor on her arm.

4. Their in-store fundraisers are so worthwhile. Aerie is partners with a few different money-raising organizations. One is NEDA (National Eating Disorders Association). They sold shirts that raised money for NEDA, and they did an in-store table where you had the chance to write an encouraging message and put it in a bottle to send to someone receiving treatment for an eating disorder.

Aerie really won me over with their campaign to stop photoshopping their models. To see all kinds of girls on their website and on their walls really inspires me. I love to see girls that look like me where I shop. It’s attainable and fun. Aerie encourages girls to support girls.

Next time you’re in the market for a bra, I suggest you go to Aerie, where an overly kind sales associate will help size you and find the bra just for you! In the meantime, you’ll probably have a really fun experience and a boost in confidence.

I am a sophomore broadcast communications major and theatre minor at the University of Tennessee at Martin. When I’m not in class or participating in events on campus, I spend my time reading, doing yoga, working out, or petting my cats.
I am a pre-vet major who loves to laugh (especially at myself), drink coffee, and spend time with my dog, Cora. I moved from Massachusetts to Tennessee to attend college at UTM and compete for their division 1 rifle team.