This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Everyone can probably agree that they love taking a vacation, but did you know that vacations have been proven to promote physical and mental well-being? Vacations have been shown to lower stress, lessen the risk of heart disease, promote a better outlook on life, and create motivation to achieve goals (Isham, 2021). While it’s not always possible to take a long vacation or make a trip to another state or country, there are many unique places you can travel to for a weekend getaway right here in Utah!

Park City is a beautiful place during all seasons with activities for everyone. Whether you go for the arts and culture, a spa day, a scenic drive, hiking, or winter sports like skiing and snowboarding, there is something for everyone!

Kanab boasts many famous activities — there you can take a short drive to Lake Powell, visit the state and national parks, or hike in Bryce Canyon or Paria Canyon. And one of my favorite places in Kanab is Best Friends Animal Sanctuary, where you can volunteer for a day or host a sleepover with one of their adoptable pets if you stay in their cabins/hotels. 

Zion National Park is a popular destination for tourists and Utahns alike. While in Zion you can hike, bike, camp, climb, horseback ride, or go through the narrow slot canyons!

Bryce Canyon is a stellar spot for stargazing as the skies are so dark that you can see stars easily. You can also go hiking, biking, or horseback riding!

Moab is a go-to trip destination in UT with lots to do. You can hike and see the famous arches, go whitewater rafting, zipline, go off-roading, visit Arches or Canyonland National Parks, or go on scenic drives.

Dinosaur National Monument is in Jensen, UT. If you visit this monument you can see dinosaur remains embedded in the rocks and petroglyphs. You can also hike, camp, and go river rafting in the canyon!

Four corners can be a trip of its own or you can go after visiting national parks such as Arches, Canyonlands, and Mesa Verde. Four corners is where Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, and Arizona meet up, putting you in four states at once!

Bear Lake has beautiful turquoise water. During winter months, you can go snowmobiling, sledding, tubing, and ski biking. During summer months, you can do water sports like paddle-boarding, boating, or jet skiing! Plus, you can rent cabins or yurts near the lake, or camp out!

Utah is a beautiful state with so many amazing places to travel to, most of which are just a few hours away! If you’re looking for a weekend getaway, these are some fantastic places to travel to without breaking the bank!

Natasha is currently working towards her Bachelor's of Science in Psychology. She plans to return to the U after graduating to obtain a second bachelor's degree in Community Health. She adores animals, music, nature, art, and spending time with her friends and family.