To The University of Utah: Thank You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

To: The University of Utah

From:  Your Graduating Seniors

Thank you. 

Thank you for everything that you have given us over the years. Thank you for being the support that we needed, whether that was through the Women’s Resource Center, the center for LGBTQ+ students, or the hike up to the counseling center.

Thank you, Marriott Library for not judging me while I tried to dry my tears while simultaneously hiding the fact that I was crying.  Your online resource library is to thank for the majority of my passing grades on research papers. Your womb chairs are to thank for providing me middle-of-the-night naps during Dead Week when you were open 24 hours. 

Thank you, Utah sporting events for making even the most reclusive bookworms become screaming Utes fans. Your Rockettes are inspiring, your basketball players are rock stars, and your football players are what got me through my week so that I was able to sit in the MUSS and cheer them on at the end of it. 

Thank you for all of the free things that I certainly did not take advantage of enough. Free popcorn Wednesdays at the Campus Store, free tickets to games, free swag all over campus, free resume builder workshops, grad fairs, career fairs, even literal fairs put on by Union Programming Council.

Thank you for everything the city has to offer.  Whether it was countless trips to Temple Square (despite not being LDS, it’s just so darn beautiful), going to Salt Lake Bees games, trying a different brunch spot every weekend, skiing up in Park City, going to the Natural History Museum, or exploring Red Butte Gardens.

“Thank you career fair for helping me find a full-time job post-graduation.” –Kylie E.

“Thank you, U of U, for the opportunity to lead the ASUU Senate and make friendships that will last a lifetime.” –Rachel P.

“Thank you to the business building café for the greatest grilled cheese sandwich to get me through my ten hour school day.” –Kadi L.

“Thank you, U of U for being the reason I met my future husband, for introducing me to Utah, for giving me the most hectic and crazy four years of my life. Thank you, Sage Point 814 for giving me a roommate that became one of my best friends. Thank you PAB for always being there, even as it slowly deteriorates.” –Bailey W.

“Thank you for letting dogs on campus. Many meltdowns have stopped due to a random dog in the bio building.” –Shelby G.

Thank you. For everything. This university was not just a place that I attended for four years. I lived and breathed the University of Utah. It was my home. I grew so much as a person, personally and professionally. My time here will impact how I live the rest of my life. My education is not the only valuable thing I will walk away with. I have friendships that will last a lifetime. I have priceless leadership experience.

These last few weeks on campus, I will look at the U on the side of the mountain a little more often, and a little more fondly. I will soak in the scenery while I can, savoring it in my memory. They say the best is yet to come, but based off of my experience here at The University of Utah, I don’t know how it can get any better.

Thank you.

I am an acting major who has a soft spot for puppies.  I cry whenever I see Christmas lights or hear Christmas music because the magic of Christmas is just too overwhelming.  I am completely and utterly obsessed with boba, Disneyland, Tom Hardy, and salt n' vinegar chips.  I'm from, like, California, and it's, like, pretty noticeable somehow.  In the future I want to live in a big city and be exactly like my mom because she is perfect in every way.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor