This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Summer is coming upon us quickly… we have the increased temperatures, the blaring sun, the legs? Take a quick look down there, girl. Do you think you’re ready to hop outside in those sexy new shorts you recently bought from H&M? Let’s have a raincheck. 

Soft legs are an important aspect of warm places, especially during the summer time! As cheesy and simple as it sounds, here are some tips to make your legs extra smooth this summer!

You will need: 

– Warm water

-A scrub/exfoliator 

– Razor 

– Shaving cream or lotion 

Step 1: Make sure your legs are nice and wet because if they are dry, you may cut yourself and it’ll hurt like a bi*ch. 

Step 2: Use a scrub or exfoliator on the part of your legs you want to shave. 

It takes off all of the dead skin, and you do not have to shave as often. You can even make a sugar scrub with two parts of sugar and one part of extra virgin olive oil, but you can also buy one at Target, Walmart, or any place that sells skincare products (this one especially!)

Step 3: Wash off the sugar scrub and cream up your legs with either shaving cream, lotion, or hair conditioner. 

Step 4: Shave!

I was always taught not to shave on the back of my thighs because of leftover bumps that may occur. I usually shave from my ankles to about the middle/top of my thighs depending on how it looks. 

Step 5: Rub your hands up and down your legs to make sure you covered everything.

You might even need to dry your leg off to tell. 

Step 6: Dry your legs off and apply a moisturizer to soothe your skin and keep your legs moist. 

Try this moisturizer!

Some frequently asked questions about shaving… 

How often should I shave my legs? I shave almost every week personally unless boys and girls are grabbing your legs on a normal basis. As long as do not see hair, you are good to go, girlie!

How do I shave my knees? I would keep them flat. Shaving the knees is hard, and the rounded surface of a bent leg makes things even more difficult. 

How often should I change my razor?  At least every two weeks. 

Is there any alternative for shaving? You can always try Veet, which is a lotion that burns the hair off of your legs. There is also waxing… it hurts, though. 

Grew up in the ocean of LA and in the mountains of Park City. I have the biggest passion for writing music... and also skiing. I was on the Dr. Phil show. Not for my problems, just for reacting to someone's discipline problems. I'm obsessed with shopping, Starbucks, Rap, EDM, and binge watching of Criminal Minds.  Follow me on the gram: @sophia_hella
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor