Senioritis is Getting SO real…..But So is #adulting

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

As graduation comes closer and closer for us seniors, the struggle is real. The motivation is lacking while the end just keeps getting closer and closer. Graduation is so exciting, it’s the light at the end of the long dark tunnel yet it is so scary at the same time. Anyone else freaking out about finding a real adult job and working full time? I definitely am. The ongoing and never-ending question of “what are your plans after graduation?” and “what are you planning to do with your major?” are getting real old and a bit discouraging. What if I don’t know what I want to do? I sure didn’t go into college knowing what “I want to be when I grow up” and I still don’t. 

Has anyone else found themselves literally freaking out because they don’t have a plan or secured job after graduating? I’m right there with you. Don’t get me wrong, I couldn’t be more excited to come out of the Unviersity of Utah with an honors bachelor degree, and am so excited to start this new chapter of life! I’m having a hard time motivating myself to finish strong because #senioritis is so real, though, just like it was as we were graduating from high school. At the same time, it’s a little bittersweet because the college years are the BEST years. From getting out of high school, meeting your first college boyfriend, #springbreak, finding your new best friends and sorority sisters, the stresses but memories of finals week and learning so much new and interesting information, as Asher Roth said, “I LOVE COLLEGE”. Not only is it bittersweet to be leaving so many memories, but scary that we are not real life adults who need real life jobs and have to deal with real life.

Finding a job isn’t easy, and struggle of the job search right now is so real. The best advice I’ve gotten these past months is that you just have to start somewhere. There’s always those people who happen to land their dream job right after college, but lets just say that isn’t very realisitic.  We all need experience to move upward, so we must start at the bottom and move our way up. Seniors, lets slow down, fight the oh so real #senioritis and enjoy this last month of college and soak it in because the end is near. I know once the fall semester starts up, I will wish I was in class and walking on campus instead of sitting at a desk from 9-5. 

This is to all you seniors out there. Best of luck with the job search, graduating and all the new and exciting adventures and opportunities at our fingertips. We are all so lucky to be where we are and had the experience of getting a college education. Lets look at the big picture and cherish every last moment we have, even that last dreaded final. I can’t wait to see what our generation does and how we change the world. GO UTES!

Logan is currently a senior at the University of Utah studying Strategic Communication with a minor in Health and Music. She has a strong passion for health and fitness, traveling, fashion, Dachshaunds and anything chocolate. 
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor