This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Seasons Change

Blonde Hair Hat Leaves
Lexi Tokarski / Her Campus

Seconds turn to minutes and minutes to hours, 

hours to days and days to months and months to years.

Seasons change and time passes by so fast.

You wonder if you have done enough with your life?

You question your existence, purpose…whether everything you have done is worth it in the end?

We criticize ourselves so harshly because we want to live up to the expectations of others, while losing the promises we made for ourselves.

Society molds us into who we should be, and the world sometimes judges who we ought to be.

We forget that we’re human, and as humans we make mistakes.

But who you are and everything that makes up the entity of your character, beliefs, and thoughts should not be judged, but celebrated.

We are perfectly imperfect, and that is beautiful.

No one said life was going to be easy, but they also did not let us know how challenging it would be.

Life throws everything it has at you,  the good and the bad.

On the dark days, you are emotionally, mentally, and physically drained.

But on the bright days, there is a sense of wonder for this precious time we have on Earth.

You smile a little brighter, you are a little kinder, and a little more hopeful of what may be.

Suddenly anything seems possible.

We can’t stop time from moving forward, and we can’t go back to fix what has already happened.

The only thing we can do is change the narrative.

We are the authors of our own life, we are the heroes of our story.

We choose to embrace who we are, the good, the bad and the ugly.

We are unique, prone to make mistakes every once in a while, but able to learn new perspectives from them.

Life is not meant to be easy, which means navigating it is an adventure.

So let time pass by, grow into who you choose to be.

Let the seasons change around you and be content knowing that you are alive and existing another second, minute, hour, day, month, and year.

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor