Kim Kardashian helped me Embrace my Big Boobs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

I have large breasts. They are large and in charge every single day of my life. The most annoying part about my boobs is how their size interferes with many aspects of my life. From my clothing decisions to them causing unwanted shoulder pain, and until recently their size really weakened my self-esteem. I hated having to define my boobs as “large,” and it really bothered me when someone would point it out to me. Being negative about my “DD’s” was really getting old, so I decided to start embracing their size. I now appreciate and love my large boobs, and the Selfie Queen herself, Kim Kardashian, helped me do it. 

Even if you’ve been living under a rock for the past five years you should know who Kim Kardashian is. You shouldn’t have to keep up with the Kardashians weekly to get an understanding of who she is. Besides her family’s TV show she has been slaying on almost every major outlet of mass communication for a while now. Being a celebrity icon is just one of the many facets that contribute to who Kim Kardashian is. In my opinion, Kim should be known not just for her reality fame, but as a role model for large breasted women to embrace their bodies. 

I’ll be honest, having large boobs can be a real pain. Trying to dress properly with large boobs can be almost impossible and also intimidating. “Don’t wear that because you’ll show too much cleavage,” “Wear a bra because you don’t want your boobs to look saggy,” are just a few of the comments that used to affect the way I felt about my boobs. Comments that pointed out just how big my boobs are always made me feel embarrassed. I constantly wished I had smaller boobs, and at one point I even talked to my doctor about getting a reduction surgery. How insane is that? I hated my boobs, and because of them I struggled to love the way my body looked.

It all changed when I became a Kim Kardashian fan girl. I started admiring her sense of style and noticed that even though she had a large chest herself, she didn’t let them affect how she dressed. Kim’s articles of clothing continually show off her breasts. Many of her outfits have her boobs as a major focal point in the outfit. I started to think, “Why is it okay for her to dress this way, but not me? Why should I hide my large chest when I really could dress and impress like ‘Kim K’ herself?” Light Bulb. 

By observing how Kim Kardashian dresses and therefore embraces her own body has helped me see that I shouldn’t let my chest get in the way of how I dress or feel about myself. If I want to wear a low cut shirt and risk having major cleavage, I’m for sure as hell going to do it. I didn’t decide how large my chest was going to be, all I can do is embrace it. Finding my inner confidence and disregarding the negative thoughts about my boobs was essential in accepting them, and my body. Kim Kardashian helped me see that large busted women shouldn’t have to hide their chest, she helped me accept that I have them, so why not flaunt them? 

Dreaming of living in the big apple and working at rockefeller center. Not ashamed to own and love the Kim Kardashian Selfie book. Feminist by nature, pessimistic by choice and proud of it. 
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor