Join the Her Campus Utah Team!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Hi Utes! It’s officially 2019! That means it’s time for working out, eating well and… joining new clubs and getting more involved on campus!

Why should you join Her Campus Utah?

Her Campus is an online magazine that gives students on campus the opportunity to write and express themselves creatively. We are not exclusively for women, even though we are called HER campus. We run our organization in an inclusive way, encouraging that Her Campus is Our Campus.

Her Campus Utah has started doing recruitment on a rolling basis. This means we will be recruiting all semester long, so you can join when the time is right for YOU. We are currently recruiting writers, photographers, and videographers to join our team!

Being a part of the Her Campus Utah Team is a great way to build your resume and a good place to meet new people. We have team members from all different majors that come together to create work that is engaging for the campus community. We have fun events, writing workshop and career building activities to help our writers get to know each other and further their professional lives. Being a part of Her Campus Utah is special, and you definitely don’t want to miss out on this being a part of your college experience!

Plazafest

Our team will be tabling at Plazafest on January 9, 2019 from 10am-2pm! Plazafest is the big club fair put on by the University of Utah that is great to attend if you are looking to get more involved. In the spring semester, it is located in the Union Ballroom. Make sure to stop by in between classes and meet some of our team and to sign up to get our application sent to you!

Info session

On January 9th from 6-7pm in Union room 319 we are having an info session for you to come to if you want to learn more about what it is like to actually be like on our team. It should be fun and very informational!

Our recruitment event: Hot Chocolate with Her Campus

The best way to learn more about what Her Campus Utah is really about is to come to our spring semester recruitment event called Hot Chocolate with Her Campus! Free hot chocolate? Meeting cool people? It’s sure to be a good time.

How do I apply?

Our January application is up! It does not take very long to fill out and is totally worth it. We will be reviewing applications towards the end of the month and will reach out with acceptances soon after that! You can find the application here.

We can’t wait to read your application!

Kim Davison is a recent graduate from the University of Utah that double majored in Theatre and Communications. She was the President of Her Campus Utah and a Chapter Advisor, a Campus Expansion Assistant and a Her Campus Ambassador Advisor for Her Campus Nationals. Kim loves theatre, event planning, dachshunds and strives to live her life every day to make Leslie Knope proud. She is currently searching to jobs in the media industry and is excited to see where life takes her!