This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Far too often people fall in love with a face or body instead of the soul behind the face or body. And far too often people fall in love with the idea of being in love instead of falling in love then building ideas. So if you ever fall in love…

Fall in love with someone who wants to know more than just your favorite color or what your superhero power would be. Someone who wants to know about your heartbreaks, the tears that run down your face and the late night thoughts that run through your mind. Someone who wants to know about everything that has made you, you. And someone who will love you despite your shattered pieces and who will help you glue yourself back together.

Fall in love with someone who cares less about how you look and more about how you see. Someone who works to make you laugh then falls deeper in love every time you do. Someone who can’t get enough of the way you dance around the kitchen or the way you can’t help but sing along to every song that comes on, even when you don’t know the words. Fall in love with someone who notices the way the sunshine plays with your hair.

Fall in love with someone who is willing to climb your brick wall, which has been crafted by you and your insecurities. Someone who will break down and rebuild those walls, this time with windows that will surely let the sunshine in. Fall in love with someone who makes you question why you ever thought you would be better off alone.

Do not fall in love with a face and do not fall in love with an idea but if you do ever fall in love, fall in love with someone who makes your soul go “Oh, there you are, I’ve been waiting for you”.

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor