I Am A Sorority Woman: Cassidy Pearson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

I am a Sorority Woman was a social media campaign started by the Delta Gamma Fraternity.  It strives to break down stereotypes and show the world that sorority women are involved, educated, and deserve to be seen as more than just a “sorority girl.”  Throughout the next month, Her Campus at the University of Utah will be participating in this campaign highlighting women from our Row who have done awesome things for our Community!

Cassidy Pearson is an Alpha Chi Omega and is a part of an organization that affords her the opportunity to support other women, and in turn be supported by them.

She is a director. Cassidy Pearson works tirelessly for the U’s Student Government and serves as Director of Sustainability.  She has pushed our campus to be greener by executing programs such as Recycle Rice Eccles, while expressing her passion for the environment.

She is a leader within the Greek community.  She currently serves on both her Chapter’s Executive Board as Vice President Membership and on Panhellenic Council as Greek Week/Homecoming Chair.

She is a scientist. She has participated in multiple research projects and is majoring in Chemistry.  

She is passionate about animals and service.  One way she carries both those things out is by volunteering for Labs for Liberty. 

She believes that being in a sorority has helped her continue to support other women, advocate for women’s rights, for survivors of domestic violence and for those that cannot advocate for themselves. 

“I am proud to have a group of women by my side that tear down expectations of what a sorority woman is, and shows the world the reality of what it is to be a sorority woman; it is incredible.”

Cassidy Pearson inspires her Panhellenic sisters to worker harder and get more involved every day!

Hi! I'm Madison Keyser and am a student at the University of Utah.  I am a sophomore double majoring in Economics and Spanish hoping to go to Law School someday.  I am an Alpha Chi Omega, love to play lacrosse and do anything outside.  I am so excited to be a Her Campus writer! 
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor