The Hottest Fall Makeup Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

The fall season does not just come with a new wardrobe, but with an entire style revival. A big part of this style rejuvenation includes new makeup trends, so without further delay, here are the hottest makeup trends for this fall season!

1. Dewy Skin: this season glowing dewy skin is definitely in style. This look does a great job of giving you that youthful radiant look, but I must warn you that it can be very easy to look greasy when trying to attain this look. My advice to avoid the oily look is to use a powder highlight if you have oily skin and don’t be afraid to blot if you need it I promise it won’t ruin your dewy skin makeup look.

2. Vampy Dark Lips: vampy lips are a must have this fall. This trend is everywhere and people can’t seem to get enough of these daring lips. This trend is a great excuse to experiment with color because you can achieve the look with a variety of deep rich colors. My favorite colors use for this look are deep berry colors full of dark reds, browns, and purples. 

3.  Burgundy Everything: Burgundy is the color fall color that everyone needs in their life this season. Makeup looks showcasing this color have become very popular. This look has the biggest impact when you go all out with it. Try out looks that incorporate the color into multiple areas on your face, for example, try using burgundy on your eyes, cheeks, and lips to really let your makeup look make a statement.  

4. Metallic Eyeshadows: Metallic eyeshadows are a great way to enhance any of your smokey fall looks. It adds just enough dimension to make you look as fierce as you should feel. This trend gives an edgy pop to your fall makeup that will you turning heads. 

5. Dramatic Eyeliner: Eyeliner is the perfect way to add a sultry side to any makeup look. It is also a great way to give definition to your eyes. This fall is all about the thick eyeliner. Going a little heavier on the eyeliner is a great way to add drama to your look. If you try this dramatic eyeliner trend don’t be afraid to wing out your eyeliner to add further drama. 

6. Fluttery Eyelashes: Eyelashes can either make or break your entire makeup look. This season long, flirty, and fluttery eyelashes are the all the rage. These eyelashes can do a lot to bring your look to the next level without doing something completely crazy just put on a little more mascara and make sure that get rid of any clumps. If you really want to go all out you can even try out some fun fluttery false lashes. 

7. Bold Brows: The days of the over-plucked brows of the ‘90s is long gone and in its place stands beautiful bold brows. Brows are what frame the face and bold brows give your look the definition and attention to bring your make up come together beautifully. 

Hopefully, these makeup trends inspire you to change up your makeup look this fall. 

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor