Holidays to Add to Your 2019 Calendar RN

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

If you’re anything like me, your life revolves around your planner/calendar/to do lists/etc. I can expect a weekly page of my planner to consist of at least seven random pen colors, song lyrics, an occasional disposed piece of gum, brunches, dance rehearsals, and if I’m lucky, my homework or readings for class that week. Some people prefer to lay out their calender on their phones, whether it be on Apple’s or Google’s Calendar App. As a college student, it’s totally vital to write or log assignments, hangouts, and schedules anywhere other than in our Crystal Light addicted, Gossip Girl obsessed, and Ariana Grande ridden brains. (wait, sorry that’s just me….)

Anyway, I find my favorite aspect of my planner to be the listed holidays. There are so many crazy, fun, and unique holidays out there that can turn a regular Thursday into a magical thing. I’ve gone through literally hundreds of legitimate official holidays- from National Mustard Day to Step Mom Appreciation Day- to give you the best list of 2019 holidays to add to YOUR calendar for the rest of the school year. Included is their hashtag, so you can hop on the social media train and trend for that day. Having these written down in your planner can totally give you an extra boost or motivation for the day, and just make your life a little more exciting- it’s the little things!

(If this sounds like you’re missing out- or you forget about half of your plans or quizzes and need to hop on the planner train- you can find some adorable, affordable, and practical planner options right from your good friend Amazon.)

January

20th – National Cheese Lovers Day #CheeseLoversDay

23rd – National Pie Day #PieDay

30th – National Croissant Day #NationalCroissantDay

February

2nd – Groundhog Day

• I will never grasp what it means if the groundhog sees its shadow or not. I just think it’s an adorable rodent. Anyway, you can catch the livestream of the lil guy right here.

9th – National Pizza Day #NationalPizzaDay

15th – Singles Awareness Day #SinglesAwarenessDay

20th – Love Your Pet Day #LoveYourPetDay

March

1st – National Unplug Day

8th – International Women’s Day #BeBoldForChange

• IMPORTANT!! “International Women’s Day is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity.” – Internationalwomensday.com

11th – National Napping Day #NationalNappingDay

•     There’s absolutely no coincidence that this holiday falls right after daylight savings.

27th – National Joe Day #NationalJoeDay

•     Go ahead and reach out to the Joes in your life. Josephine, Joseph, Joey, Joe, we honor you today. Yes, this is real.

April

2nd National Peanut Butter Jelly Day #PeanutButterJellyDay

10th Encourage A Young Writer Day #EncourageAYoungWriterDay

• Make sure to spend at least 2 hours browsing Her Campus today!!!

16th National Wear Your Pajamas To Work Day #PJDay

• I would say class counts too. Hellllooooo onesie.

23rd National Picnic Day #NationalPicnicDay

May

9th National Lost Sock Memorial Day #LostSockMemorialDay

• It’s time. They’re gone. RIP. :/

13th Mother’s Day #MothersDay

• Why do I feel like Mother’s Day always drastically changes dates??? Anyway, here’s the day to honor that momma figure in your life with all of your love. Gift ideas here.

16th National Love a Tree Day #LoveATreeDay

June

7th National Donut Day #Nationaldonutday

• Check out any local bakeries or coffee chains for some free deals today.

10th National Iced Tea Day #NationalIcedTeaDay

19th National Martini Day #NationalMartiniDay

• Take this information as you wish…

21st National Selfie Day #NationalSelfieDay

• Done and done. *braces for the duck faces*

So here’s to the first 6 months of 2019 being filled with holiday fun and spontaneous celebration. Take that, spring semester!

Source 1

Source 2

Source 3

Source 4

Source 5

Source 6

G'day, I'm Gabi. After a breakfast of a bagel and cream cheese, you can find me dancing, at the gym, hanging with friends, or off to road trip. Moving to Salt Lake City in August from Boulder, Colorado I am a lil freshman studying communications and modern dance. I am obsessed with pop culture, instagram, OOTD's, the Bachelor, and everything pink sprinkle donut.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor