This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

It’s that time of year again! You’re counting down the days or even the minutes until the Big reveal. Your family is about to gain one or two beautiful new additions and you couldn’t be happier. But all that excitement is paired with the frantic searching for the perfect baskets and presents for your Little(s). It’s a time where everyone’s inner Martha Stewart tends to shine, but it can be difficult to craft quality presents in a short amount of time. Here are some cute and easy crafts that any Big can make for her new favorite person/people.

Letters

It’s an obvious one, I know, but because nearly everyone makes them, it can get hard to make yours unique. However, there are tons and tons of ways to make your letters stand out.

For an edgier look, you can buy pieces of glass or mirror at the craft store to get this look or you can cut up CD’s to recreate it.

If your Little loves Disney, this is the design for her. It also be redesigned for superheros or other characters from your little’s Netflix addiction of choice. The trick is to find two or three key pieces of that characters look to make this minimalist design. For Disney princesses, their hair and/or crown plus their dress color and design works perfectly. For other characters, a specific color scheme or article of clothing will do the trick.

Chances are, your Little will love Lilly Pulitzer because honestly who doesn’t? A canvas or letters with a Lilly-inspired flower print would rock her world. The design looks intricate but is actually very simple to paint. There are great tutorials online like this one here.

Pin Boxes

It’s an exciting day when you finally get your initialed pin to show everyone what amazing organization you’re a part of. But the pin is tiny and there’s really no good place for it. So why not gift your Little a special box that is both super cute for display and functional in that she’ll always know where her pin is! Michael’s sells great wooden boxes in all shapes and sizes for whatever design you choose.

If your Little loves Tiffany’s, then this pin box will be the perfect icing on the cake to getting you as a Big!

Pearls are obviously always a good choice and they allow you to incorporate either your Little’s favorite colors or the colors of your house!

You can decorate the inside, outside, or both! A swatch of fabric makes a great cushion for the pin to rest in. You can also get thick foam in the floral department of any craft store to mimic a fancy jewlery box. Her initials, some school pride, or your house letters will personalize the box to perfection.

Canvases

It’s the staple of every Big-Little basket and also one of the most difficult crafts. You want a cute saying that’s not too overused, colors that your Little loves, the right amount of sparkle, while still being manageable for however crafty you happen to be. It’s a tall order but not too tall. 

Flowers never go out of style and quotes like these will have your Little in love with you before she even knows who you are.

You could take a step back from the world of canvases and opt for a more rustic feel with a wooden sign like this.

Or if drawing isn’t your strong suit, just stick with some fun lettering with a touch of glitter. You can never go wrong with glitter.

Big-Little week doesn’t have to be stressful! It should be a time of fun and excitement, not worrying about what or how to craft. 

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor