Have a Great Fall Like Humpty Dumpty With These New Tunes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

It’s that time of the year again! ‘Tis the season for pumpkin spice lattes, cozy knit sweaters, sitting by the fire with a good book, and listening to mellow music. I’m always on the lookout for some new songs to add to my autumn playlists, and if you’re looking for some new music recommendations, this article is for you. Whether you choose to listen to these songs on your scenic canyon drive or at home cuddled up with your cats, I can assure you that this playlist will be your masseuse and work out all the knots in your back. In other words, it will help you relax. 

I normally like to save the best for last, but you need to listen to this song! “Drifting” is one of my favorite songs in the whole entire world and I listen to it year-round — I could honestly listen to it every day! There is just something about Nathan Ball’s voice that is so soothing and has the ability to move you without putting pressure on any bone in your body. If you are thinking about checking out his music, I recommend starting with this song. The album artwork is also incredibly beautiful and will make the perfect addition to your fall playlist. 

Next up, we have a few songs from Dermot Kennedy. This Irishman has a voice that’s a pot of gold. I was lucky to stumble upon the song “Glory” in my ‘Discover Weekly’ playlist on Spotify, and I have been obsessing over Kennedy’s voice ever since. “Glory”, “Outgrown”, and “Dancing Under Red Skies” are songs that you must listen to if you’re looking for new music. The second two songs are from his newest album, Outnumbered. (:

Novo Amor! Oh how I amor them!  They have some of the most beautiful and poetic lyrics I have ever listened to. On top of that, their music videos are so captivating, words can’t do them justice. “Terraform”, “Anchor”, “Silvery”, and “Cavalry” are songs that you need to listen to. Watch the “Terraform” music video the first time you listen to the song; you won’t be sorry. 

What would the perfect fall playlist be without Hozier? I always listen to “Cherry Wine” when I’m driving up the canyon on a crisp fall day. Anything by Hozier is a fall vibe. 

“Bloom” by the Paper Kites. Oh my god. Just listen to it. 

My cousin recommended the song “Above the Clouds of Pompeii” by Bear’s Den to me four years ago, and it has been a staple on my playlists ever since. I seriously have it in 5+ playlists. The title of the song is just all kinds of beautiful. 

“Tribulation” by Matt Maeson is another song that I have fall-en in love with… get it? I recommend the stripped down version. (:

Charlie Cunningham has a soulful voice that resembles the warmth of a fireplace. “Minimum” is a perfect addition to your fall playlist. 

The Aces! If you like supporting local artists, listen to them! “Just Like That” and “Hurricane” are two of my favorite songs from these girls.

VÉRITÉ is another artist that I stumbled upon in my ‘Discover Weekly’ playlist. She has a beautiful rendition of The 1975’s song “Somebody Else” that is an essential addition to your music library. I would also highly recommend you listen to another song of hers, “John My Beloved”.

I hope you love these songs just as much as I do! I gave you 17 songs for the 17 days we probably have left of fall before winter settles in. (:

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Farah majoring in sociology and minoring in political science. She is the Director of Recruitment and Director of Social Media of Her Campus Utah for the 2020-2021 school year. She loves painting with coffee and drinking lemonade.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor