Fruity Champagne Drink Glass
Fruity Champagne Drink Glass
Cassie Howard / Her Campus

Fruit-Infused Water Recipes That Will Change Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you have trouble drinking enough water each day. When I discovered fruit-infused water, it was a game-changer for me. I could finally drink enough water (and avoid sugary, bad-for-you drinks!) in a way that was more enjoyable and left me always wanting more. Fruit-infused water is an easy, healthy, and refreshing alternative to plain water or sugary drinks, and even better, it has many more added health benefits than regular water. Fruit water can help promote weight loss, skincare, digestion, and boost your immune system. Plus, it tastes amazing! Here are a few simple fruit-infused water recipes to get you started. 

1. Strawberry, Mango, Blueberry (my personal favorite)

This one has a more sweet, fruity flavor. Strawberries, blueberries, and mangoes are rich in nutrients and antioxidants, fight cancer and lower cholesterol, and can even clear clogged pores and clear up your acne! This water tastes incredible and is very refreshing (and you can even add a slice of lime for a stronger flavor).

Blueberries Heart
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

2. Cucumber, Lime, Lemon

This fruit-flavored water can help with bloating, digestion, and appetite control. Citrus fruits in particular can also aid in digestion, skin quality, and weight loss. Try this one if you’re looking for a more mellow, subtle-tasting fruit water. 

Lemonade
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

3. Strawberry and Kiwi

Strawberry and kiwi is a renowned flavor combination, but the pair is also a powerhouse of immune system protection and antioxidants. This water can boost your immune system, aid in digestion, help regulate your blood sugar, and promote cardiovascular health. This fruit water is fruity and sweet, but it’s also packed with health benefits. 

pink background strawberry bowl tape measure
Pexels

You can even use frozen fruit if you don’t have fresh fruit on hand (natural ice cubes!) and you can reuse the fruit multiple times. If you don’t have all of these fruits in stock, you can always mix and match to whatever sounds the best to you. All you have to do is add the fruits to a cup of water, let it soak in for a couple of hours, and then enjoy! Happy mixing, collegiettes!

Mary Muench is a senior at the University of Utah majoring in Mathematics with a minor in Computer Science. She knows too much about coffee and enjoys white-water rafting and hammocking.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor