Deals For Every Collegiette That Will Make You Forget You’re A Broke College Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

We are college students, therefore we love a good deal. Occasionally, I forget how much money is in my bank account when I say “yes” to all the dinners out. I love going out to eat and ordering what sounds good. Then the check comes and my heart starts to race because I remembered I have other things to pay for than food. Whenever I find a place I enjoy eating and that doesn’t break my bank, I get pretty excited!

I went on a broke college student’s hunt to find some great deals around Salt Lake City! Every day I seemed to find something new, which made me realize that when you begin to look for deals they seem to appear. I noticed that even when I saved a few dollars here and there, my bank account has a difference for the better at the end of the month. These are 100% Collegiette-Approved deals!

Chili’s has happy hour Monday through Friday and Sunday from 3-6 and then 9- close. This features 2.99-4.99 appetizers and 1.99 drink specials

Cheesecake Factory has happy hour from Monday through Friday from 4-6, which features $3 draft beer, $4 wine by the glass, $5 cocktails, $5 appetizer deals $4-7 small plates and $5 pizzettes.

Monday

Meditrina- Happy hour all night with 5 plates for $30

Sage’s Café- 10% off 5-10

Starting on Mondays Four Seasons Nail Salon has happy hour from 11am-3pm on Monday’s, Tuesdays and Wednesday’s (This is the only way I can afford to have my gel acrylic cat claws!)

Tuesday

Sushi Groove-  $2.50 beer, half off appetizers and Nigera  

Sages Café – All you can eat pizza and salad $12.75

Thai Siam- Pad Thai $2 Tuesday

Rubios- $1.75 Fish Tacos

O’Shucks- $3 Cheeseburgers $3 320z Schooners of Beer

Fiddlers Elbow- 6.95 1 topping pizzas- Half price appetizers between 3-6 Wednesday

Meditrina- Tapas Tuesdays, endless Tapas for $25 a person

Harmons- Daily lunch deals and Tuesday there are secret deals that are so good they have to keep them a secret. Mention you know about them.

Este- “Tight Wad Tuesday” $12 for 18” cheese pizza

Any movie theater is $5 movies all day  

Wednesday

Thai Siam- $4 Orange Chicken

Thursday

Este- Thirsty Thursday

Thai Siam- $6 Curry

Sunday

Even Stevens $3 all you can eat French toast

Eating out doesn’t have to only be McDonalds and it doesn’t have to be expensive! With deals like these, your bank account will be much happier! Have a good deal? Let us know at utah@hercampus.com

Born and raised in Salt Lake City, Krissi attends the University of Utah studying to become a journalist. When she is not doing school work, she is a part time makeup artist, full time animal lover and spends any moment she can outside. (She especially loves outdoor malls.) She quotes: "Writing is one of the most beautiful ways to express ourselves and I could not be more thrilled to be apart of Her Campus!"
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor