7 must-have LUSH products for sensitive skin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

LUSH has been my go-to store for bath and body products for years. They’re known for using mostly natural ingredients that are never tested on animals. I also love that quite a few of their items are strictly vegetarian or vegan. Just one problem: I was born with not-so-resilient skin. Unfortunately it turns out some of their products are a little too acidic or exfoliating for those of us with sensitive and / or reactive skin. Below are 7 products that have never clogged or irritated my skin and that I continue to love! 

1. IT’S RAINING MEN shower gel

This shower gel is by far the most moisturizing and sweet-smelling body cleanser I’ve tried. The main ingredients are honey, rosehip, and tiger and lily flower extracts. If you want creamy, toffee-scented showers this is the one for you. ($9.95 / 3.3 fl oz) 

2.    PLUM RAIN shower gel

If super-sweet scents aren’t your forte, Plum Rain is the way to go. It’s a silky, citrusy fresh gel with a gorgeous deep purple color. The first ingredient is Umeboshi Infustion (aka plum fruit extract) which is a unique ingredient I’ve never seen anywhere else. ($11.95 / 3.3 fl oz)

3.    93,000 MILES shower jelly

The cooling sensation of eucalyptus and mint combine with the scent of cinnamon for a cleansing, relaxing shower. The texture of shower jellies are also unbelievably fun. This particular jelly is meant to soothe sore muscles, perfect for daily use if you play sports or exercise. ($8.95 / 3.5 oz) 

*Tip for use: Take small pieces of the jelly and crush into a loofa or wash cloth to ensure you don’t accidentally send most of it down the drain.

4.    SCRUBEE body butter

This particular body butter is used in the shower! Shaped like a cute little bee, this product has alternating stripes of ground almonds and coconut shell with fair trade organic cocoa butter and honey for the most luxurious exfoliating experience ever. ($7.95 / 3.1 oz) 

5.    TWILIGHT bath bomb 

Lavender essential oil and the warm scent of tonka beans (native to Central and South America) create the most relaxing bath you’ll ever have. This bath bomb has lavender, pink and indigo layers with silver luster dust to turn your bath into the night sky. (And make your skin silky smooth at the same time!) ($6.95 / 6.3 oz)

6.    BB SEAWEED face mask

As someone that hates seaweed (besides in my sushi rolls of course) I was skeptical of this mask. Turns out it has fresh rose leaves, crushed almonds, honey and many more skin-loving ingredients! This mask is really calming and has a nice light exfoliation to get rid of excess skin and oil without stripping you of the good stuff. ($9.95 / 2.1 oz) 

7.    BIRTH OF VENUS jelly face mask 

When I heard “jelly face mask” I thought of slippery, hard to work with gel. In a gorgeous turn of events, this is the creamiest, smoothest mask I’ve ever tried. It’s packed with rose, seawater, lavender oil and chamomile to balance and sooth your skin. Inspired by the goddess’s birth from seafoam, I could totally picture Venus herself using this. ($13.95 / 2.1 oz)

Source:  All ingredient information, prices and photos are from the LUSH Cosmetics website: www.lushusa.com  

Hi I'm Britt, I'm 23 and graduating after the Fall 2020 semester with a Bachelor of Arts in Strategic Communications and two minors in Spanish and Creative Writing.  I love to dive into topics under beauty, fashion, music, art, and culture. I enjoy going a little deeper and finding information that I think readers will learn from or want to learn more about.   A couple of my favorite things are shopping (especially local!), writing, and watching movies with tons of popcorn.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor