This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Spring break has come and gone in the blink of an eye, but spring is just beginning. The birds are beginning to sing, and the flowers will soon start to bloom. Utah has so much to offer its visitors and long term residents, and spring is the perfect season to get out and see all the wonderful events happening in the state. 

Festival of Colors – Located at the Sri Sri Radha Krishna Temple in Spanish Fork is one of Utah’s most colorful events. Filled with music, dancing, yoga and tons of colored corn starch, the Festival of colors is a great place to recharge from the stress of school and experience a whole new world. There are so many talented artists and skilled yoga instructors that are lined up to attend. Don’t forget to look at the day’s calendar, so that you don’t miss out on any of the fun events! The 2019 Festival of Colors is March 30 from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and March 31 from 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Tickets range from $6.50 for basic entry to $65.50 for two VIP tickets which comes with 10 bags of color, 2 five course meals and much more.

Spring Orchid Show (Red Butte Garden) – Red Butte Garden will be beautiful anytime during Spring with all their beautiful flowers blooming. The Garden hosts a variety of events one of which is their Spring Orchid Show which is the largest orchid show in Utah. The event will be displaying both common and exotic orchids, offering advice for both beginner and experienced orchid growers, and there will also be beautiful orchids and pottery for sale. The Spring Orchid Show is held April 6 from 9:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. and April 7 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Cost is the same as general garden admission which is $12 for adults, but students get in for free with their UCard.

Tulip Festival – The Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point will be celebrating their 15th birthday this year. The Festival starts on April 12th and goes through May 4th from 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. and is closed Sundays. With around 280,000 tulips, all of which are imported from Holland, visitors are bound to be amazed. The Festival also has various attractions happening throughout the event, such as a swing dancing, games for kids, concerts, and more. Admission is $20 for adults, and there are other added expenses such as parking and if you want to take a tour of the gardens.

Redwood Drive-In Theather – The Redwood Drive-In Theather opens April 26th in West Valley City. You can relax in your car and watch all your favorite blockbusters under the night sky. Adult tickets are $9, but you are allowed to watch two movies playing on the same screen. The audio is broadcast through an FM radio channel, so you need a car that has an FM transmitter or will need to find a stereo with one. There is a snack bar that has tons of great food to snack on or you can bring your own food.

Baby Animal Days – What better way to start your summer break than hanging out with a bunch of baby animals? Baby Animal Days is located in Kaysville at the Utah State University Botanical Center. The event is May 10 from 3:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. (gates close at 7:30 p.m.) and May 11 from 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. (gates close at 5:30 p.m.) Tickets are $7 for individuals and $35 for families bigger than six, and include a free train and horse ride. If you do not want to pet animals all day, there are different events throughout the day such as sheep shearing, goat milking, and learning about all kinds of animals. There will also be food vendors there.

Cherry Blossoms At The State Capitol – Any time from late March to early April, the Utah State Capitol will be blooming with some beautiful cherry blossoms. The State Capitol is home to hundreds of cherry trees and which will soon start to bloom. You can make a day of going and checking out Utah’s Capitol building which is full of beautiful art and history, or you can take a quick drive up Capitol Hill. 

Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park – Located near Kanab, Utah the Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park is relatively self-explanatory: sand dunes that are pink. The dunes and local scenery are all gorgeous. You can hike, play in the sand, and ride ATV’s with about 90% of the park allowing four-wheelers. Other than holiday weekends the park generally not crowded. When you go, make sure you stick around until sunset when the sun creates a golden glow on all of the beautiful surroundings. The Coral Pink Sand Dunes are also the only place in the world where you can find the Coral Pink tiger beetle. Entrance is $8 per vehicle, and you can take pets as long as they are on a 6ft leash.

Utah is full of unique places and people, and Spring is a great time to begin exploring them. Utah is great, but it is a desert so if you want to enjoy the outdoors, but do not want to deal with the heat, springtime is your best bet. Be sure to take advantage of this list, and get out there and enjoy the great weather and fun activities!

Photos 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 

Hello! I am Sydney and I am a freshman at the University of Utah! Go Utes!
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor