5 Ways to Relax the Last Month of Classes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

It’s the last month of the semester. Everything is suddenly due all at once and there isn’t enough time in the day to get it all done. Your mind is racing trying to keep up with all the papers, exams, and projects due. During this stressful time of the year, the last thing on your mind is self-care or relaxation. Here are five ideas on how to make time for yourself and relax to get you through these last few weeks.

1. Do something creative. This can be anything from coloring in a coloring book to listening to music. This can help you not only take a break from studying, but also keep you feeling productive. If you’re feeling super ambitious, you can decorate your room for the holidays or make something to give to your friends as a gift.

2. Read a book other than your textbook. Pick up that book that you started during fall break, but never finished. Or maybe just pick up your favorite book and let the journey take you away. If books aren’t your thing, pick up your favorite magazine. It’ll definitely take your mind off of whatever it is you’re studying and if you read it before bed, it can help you fall asleep quicker.

3, Have a spa night. This can be as simple as using a study break to paint your nails. Or you can go all out and take a bath, do a face mask, paint your nails, and have a super relaxing night.

4. Go do some sort of exercise. Exercising gives you endorphins, which will make you feel happier. You can go to the gym or a yoga class, or you can just go for a walk around your neighborhood. This can help you clear your head and come back more focused and ready to work hard to ace your exams.

5. Play with an animal. This is one is easy if you have pets. It’ll take your mind off of school and get them some exercise. If you don’t have a pet, you can always go to the animal shelter and look around or volunteer. There you can play and cuddle with lots of different animals and feel good about helping homeless pets.

Now go finish the semester strong and make some time to take care of yourself. Remember, grades are important, but so are you and your health.

1, 2, 34, 5, 6

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor