5 Unprocessed Fruits You Must Try Today

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Do you like natural-unprocessed foods? Are you a foodie like I am? If you answered ‘yes’ to these two questions, you are in the right place!

If you are like me, I am absolutely obsessed with fruits. From apples to frozen grapes, I will devour every fruity and tasty treat that I encounter. However, most fruits that you buy at a grocery store are processed, and may not be 100% healthy, and that can sometimes be a deal-breaker if you’re trying to be more healthy in your life. Recently though, I’ve been trying some natural fruits that I think are super tasty, that you absolutely must start eating today! Keep reading to find out what these natural beauties are. 

Acai 

You know what I’m talking about you basic foodie Instagrammers. But if you actually don’t know what I’m talking about, it’s the purple, berrylike fruit that grows on palm trees in Central and South America. Acai’s are packed with antioxidants and healthy omega-3 fatty acids that provide a natural taste, while also cleansing and providing immunity within your body, and also aid in losing weight. 

Photo Courtesy of Nootriment

Star Fruit 

Yes, some of them actually look like stars. This tropical fruit is packed with fiber and Vitamin C – and they actually look pretty. Star fruits make any dish a conversation starter!

Photo Courtesy of The Spruce

Dragon Fruit 

This fruit looks uber-trippy if you ask me! A dragon fruit may look like a fire-breathing artichoke, but it’s a cactus-family member that’s a powerhouse of Vitamin C and B, and it also tastes like a cross between a pear and a kiwi. The white flesh has a fair amount of fiber, and the curious little black seeds are full of healthy fats. 

Photo Courtesy of Organic Facts

Passion Fruit

I bet you thought of Drake when you read Passion Fruit. Besides being the star in one of Drake’s top songs, passion fruit is grown in tropical regions throughout the world, and are usually enjoyed as a juice with the crunchy seeds strained out. It’s a good source of vitamins A and C, and nonheme, plant-based iron. 

Photo Courtesy of Healthline

Lychee 

Don’t let the name fool you – this fruit is incredible to devour! Lychees are packed with Vitamin C, and flavor-wise, they bring that same touch of sweetness that canned pineapple brings. Plus, extra potassium and fiber! 

Photo Courtesy of American Juice Company

Have a fruity time! 

Grew up in the ocean of LA and in the mountains of Park City. I have the biggest passion for writing music... and also skiing. I was on the Dr. Phil show. Not for my problems, just for reacting to someone's discipline problems. I'm obsessed with shopping, Starbucks, Rap, EDM, and binge watching of Criminal Minds.  Follow me on the gram: @sophia_hella
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor