4 Easy to Make Snacks to Take to Class

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Picture this: You’ve just gotten to class and it has been a while since you sat down to lunch. You’re feeling pretty good and ready to get your learn on. Suddenly, your stomach starts making noises that you hope no one else can hear. You reach into your bag to see if you have the other half of that granola bar that you started eating a couple of days ago. Then you remember that you finished that granola bar yesterday around this same time. You realize that you are going to have to get through this class with the distraction of being hungry. If this has happened to you, which I’m sure it has because it happens to me like twice a week. Here are some easy to make snacks that you can just toss into your bag.

Yogurt Bites

I’m going to start with the simplest one. To make these, run to your local store and grab a box of GoGurts. Yes I do mean the yogurt in a tube that your mom used to buy you as a kid to trick you into thinking yogurt was fun. Lay a piece of wax paper on a cookie sheet (if you’re working with a mini fridge, a plate will work too). Cut the corner of the tube so that it makes a small opening. Squeeze out the yogurt into little dolops, making them as big or small as you would like. When you’ve filled up your wax paper, pop the tray into the freezer. Let them get solid for about an hour, and then they’re done. Put them into a bag or container and pop them in your bag in the morning before you head to class.

Homemade Trail Mix

This one is also pretty simple. It mainly just involves going to the store and buying different nuts, granola, sweet treats, and dried fruit. Once you have everything that you want to go into your trail mix, mix it all together in a bowl or a gallon size Ziploc bag. Then just separate out your different servings and you are ready to take your trail mix on the go.

Overnight Oats

This is more of a breakfast than a snack, but if you are always running late like I usually am, this can be super helpful in the mornings. The infographic basically sums up the recipe, but if you don’t quite want to do it that way, here is how to do the basics. First you layer oats, any sweetener or protein powder, seeds or nuts (these add some more texture), and any fruits you may want in a jar/container. Add almond milk or any other milk of your choice. Put the lid on and shake well to mix it all up. Pop it in the fridge overnight, and in the morning add any toppings of your choice and you are ready to go!

Pan Fried Cinnamon Banana Slices

This one is a little bit harder and you will need a stove of some sort. You will need slightly overripe bananas, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg (which is optional). Slice your bananas into ⅓ inch thick round slices. Then mix 2 tablespoons of sugar, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, and ¼ teaspoon nutmeg (only if you want it) into a small bowl. Lightly spray a large skillet with nonstick oil spray and start warming it on the stove over medium heat. Add the banana rounds to the pan and sprinkle half of the cinnamon mixture on top. Cook for 2-3 minutes and then flip the bananas over. Sprinkle the remaining mixture on top and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the bananas are soft and warmed through. Once they cool off, place them in a reusable container and take them with you to class.

These easy to make snacks are sure to get you through the low, hunger filled parts of your day!

Happy cooking!

Images: 1, 2, 3

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor