This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

We are rounding out a second set of midterms and if you are anything like me, you are up to your neck in stress. You may be looking for something to do to take your mind off the stress. If you are looking for something creative and crafty, you are in the right place. Here are some simple, crafty DIYs you can do to make your space feel a little more cozy for the end of the fall season.

1. Decorating a pumpkin for fall, not Halloween.

All you need for this is a pumpkin, and whatever materials you would like to decorate it with. You can use either a fake or a real pumpkin. However, if you want it to last longer than a couple of weeks, I recommend a fake one. You can buy these for pretty cheap at Target, Michaels, or Hobby Lobby. Once you have acquired your pumpkin, decorate it however you like. You can carve it, paint it, do a word in glitter, whatever suits your fancy. Put it on your desk or in window and it’ll make your room feel a little more homey.

2. Make a festive garland or banner.

This one is pretty simple. All you need is some fabric scraps in a fall pattern and a piece of cord or twine. Cut the fabric into 8 inch strips, and tie them around the cord, in alternating colors and patterns. Make it as long as you would like, and then hang it in a window or above a door or your bed.

3. Tie blanket.

This one is also pretty simple, however you may want to do it in a large open space. You can buy a kit for this at stores like Joann Fabrics or just buy fleece that is 1½ yards in a solid color and a pattern of your choice. Line up the two pieces of fleece with the softer side on the outside. Cut into the edge about 3” deep and 1” apart. This will cut out the corners and make strips. Tie the two pieces of fleece together using the strips. And you’re done! Cuddle up with this new blanket and have a good study sesh.

4. Knit mug cozy

For this one all you need is some old socks, preferably long ones. You can make these for travel mugs or regular coffee mugs. First measure the height of your mug. Cut off the foot of the sock and fit the part that would go on your leg to the length of your mug. Leave a little extra space so that you can glue the rough seam. Next turn the sock inside out and fold down one inch of the cut fabric. Secure the seam with fabric glue (or sewing it if you have that skill) and then place a heavy textbook over it while it dries. Lastly, turn it right side out and fit it on your mug. If you are making it for a mug with a handle, simply cut a slit in the sock to make room for it. Trim the frayed edges and then apply a thin layer of fabric glue to prevent it from fraying in the future.

Hopefully these crafty ideas will help alleviate some of your stress and help make your room a little more cozy for the rest of the season! Happy crafting collegiates!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor