3 Motivational Phrases to Remind You What’s Important

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

In this day and age, it’s easy to be distracted by all the flashy new toys and gadgets that are being spit into the world every single day. iPhones are getting bigger while our desire to learn becomes smaller. Cars can drive themselves when we can’t find the motivation to get out of bed and face the morning. We’ve all seen Wall-E. Do we really want to make that future our reality?

It’s hard to pull yourself out of the day-to-day slump that classes create but everything you do is packed with potential to create an incredible new experience. Here are some ways you can make the most of everything you do:

1.) “Hi!”

You’d be surprised at how much can come from a simple greeting. The person sitting next to you on the bus might have a super interesting story to tell. The “quiet” girl in your math class might party hard on the weekends. Don’t be afraid to reach out. It feels weird at first but pretty soon, you’ll be the friendliest person on campus.

2.) Travel.

I realize this is much easier said than done but I can’t stress how important it is. My biggest regret in my life thus far is that I haven’t been able to see more of the world. There are endless destinations out there and I’ve seen a tiny fraction of them. Even if it’s just a weekend road trip in your own state, get out there and do.

3.) Look up.

This isn’t anything new but it’s something I think every collegiette struggles with. The tiny screen in our pocket beckons every second of every day and most of us succumb fairly easily. The world whirs by as we are glued to our smartphones. Imagine what you’re missing while refreshing your Facebook feed again. So take out your earbuds, close your Snapchat, and be present in the moment.

So maybe you’re cancelling a few too many plans and sleeping in a few too many mornings. There’s never a better time to begin living each day to the fullest. Your college years have so much to offer. Don’t sideline yourself to your own life. Live.

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor