This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

The 2016 FIS Freestyle Ski World Cup, is a mix of the world’s best freestyle skiers. They came together this winter at Deer Valley Resort. Competitors twist, fly and race their way to the podium. These runs are the same ones used during the 2002 Olympic Winter Games.

This event marks the 17th year of international and world competitions hosted at Deer Valley; this includes the 2002 Winter Olympic Games, two World Championships and 14 World Cups.

Men’s and women’s aerial events were held on the White Owl ski run on Friday, February 5, 2016. Men’s and women’s mogul and dual mogul events were scheduled on the Champion ski run on Thursday, February 4 and Saturday, February 6, 2016.

The qualifications were held earlier in the day around 4 then the top 16 get chosen to compete at night under the lights at Deer Valley Resort. 

This event brings people from all over the world together to celebrate a common interest in the sport of freestyle skiing. The free event is an experience that cannot be replicated. Watching the competitors put everything they have worked for all year, is refreshing for both coaches, athletes, and the audience as well. This event inspires many young skiers hoping to pursue skiing one day, and I highly recommended everyone to go and watch. 

If you couldn’t attend, here is the complete television schedule for the events:

Putnam Investments Freestyle Challenge – Moguls/Aerials

2/7/2016

NBC Sports Network

4 p.m., EST

Visa Freestyle International – Aerials

2/11/2016

NBC Sports Network

10 p.m., EST

Visa Freestyle International – Dual Moguls

2/14/2016

NBC

2:30 p.m., EST

Also Check out this video for highlights of the past years. 

https://vimeo.com/143763982

I like skiing.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor