15 Student Deals You Don’t Want to Forget About

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Craving to go shopping?  For once, an article online isn’t going to tell you no, but is going to tell you yes and tell you about great deals you can get with your student ID. 

1. Ugurt is a staple for students at the University of Utah but one thing most students don’t know is with your student ID you automatically get 10% off.  Monday nights are also Greek Night so Greek members get 15% off.

2. Craving a fast food midnight-snack? Arbys, Buffalo Wild Wings and Burger King offer 10% off discounts with your student ID.

3. Those places above not your fave? While they don’t offer quite the same discount, Chipotle and Chick-fil-a will give you a free drink with any purchase and your student ID.

4. I know Utes have an allegiance to Ugurt, but if you are looking for some fro-yo diversity- TCBY offers 15% off with a student ID. 

5. While food is obviously bae, there are tons of other deals unrelated to food.  The New York Times offers a 50% off rate for students.

6. AND the Wallstreet Journal is only a $1 a week. You could all of sudden be incredibly well-read for very cheap. 

7. With all those things to read and the new trend of reading on technology- you got to know all the tech deals to-luckily, there’s tons of them.  The best one is from Apple (no surprises there) where they give $200 off of a new laptop if you are a student. 

8. Adobe, T-Mobile, Best Buy, AT & T Wireless, and Microsoft also have varying deals with a student ID!

9. In order to make your tech devices the best they can be, also check out spotify, where you can get the student discounted premium version for only $4.99 a month. 

10. Clothing stores also offer student deals, like H&M! In-store purchases can be 15% off!

11. Other stores that offer 10-15% discounts on in-store purchases are Ann Taylor, Steve Madden, Banana Republic, Charlotte Russe and J. Crew. 

12. Besides these main categories, there are other random places that you aren’t going to want to forget to pull out your student ID! For example— Alex and Ani offers 10% off with a student ID…collegiettes everywhere just looked at their own bangle stack suddenly craving more…

13. Amazon student offers a free 6-month trial of prime and then a discounted price after that.

14. Fedex gives up to 30% off shipping with your student ID. 

15. And for the final deal, and hopefully everyone knows about this one but just in case, all Salt Lake public transportation is free with your student ID!

You have every excuse you’ve ever needed to start swiping that credit card and get something new!  Reminder though, everything in moderation- don’t go too crazy! 

Hi! I'm Madison Keyser and am a student at the University of Utah.  I am a sophomore double majoring in Economics and Spanish hoping to go to Law School someday.  I am an Alpha Chi Omega, love to play lacrosse and do anything outside.  I am so excited to be a Her Campus writer! 
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor