This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Thank you, USFSP.

Because of this institution, I have blossomed into a person who’s not afraid to try new things and that learns from the community around them.

I transferred to this university back in August 2016, having completed my Associate of Arts degree at my local state college. I never cared where I went to college, just that I knew I would be going.

My two older brothers went to USF Tampa so I just guessed I would go there, but my major was offered at the St. Petersburg campus. I never took a campus tour or even really researched the campus, I just submitted my application and moved in.

Since then, I have met so many new people. People who dropped out, transferred, graduated. So many people that have all impacted me in some way, not all in a positive way. But you live and you learn.

At USFSP, I got involved. I grew out of my shell and became a leader that students looked up to. I was a Navigator tour guide for the department of campus tours. Director of Stage Acts, Director of Traditions, and Vice President for Harborside Activities Board. As well as the social media director for the USFSP chapter of Her Campus. I never would have guessed I would hold so many leadership positions during college.

I lived on campus in the residence hall, off campus, and back on campus by the time I was a senior. There are things I wish I could have done differently or taken advantage of more opportunities. But I will always have the memories of late nights at Waffle House, beach bonfires, and overall last minute spontaneous adventures.

At the end of the day, I hope everyone remembers that your college experience is your own and you shouldn’t ever compare it to that of others, no matter your choices.

Again, thank you, USFSP. Forever a bull by the bay ??

HCXOXO,

Vanessa Rivera

Hey, I'm Vanessa! Im a senior at USFSP majoring in Mass Communications. I hope you enjoy my writing that will be about literally anything and everything. My goal after college is to find a career in the entertainment or music industry. To make that happen, I'm currently planning a big move from sunny Florida to sunny California! Follow me on my journey through my writing, enjoy!
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.