Wellness > Health

I Lost 2 1/2 Pounds In Three Days

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

At the start of 2018, I decided that I was FINALLY going to start eating healthy and get the body of my dreams. Yes, I know I say this every year, but this time I meant it. As great as this goal is I know that it will NOT be easy. Mainly because I go ham on Thanksgiving and Christmas (who am I kidding, all of December.) So I decided to start this journey by participating in a three-day refresh with the hope that it would kickstart my new lifestyle. In only three days I tried to curb my junk food cravings, lose a couple of pounds, and feel AMAZING.

Daily schedule and food plan:

7:30 AM- Good morning! First things first: I have to drink water, and I mean a lot of it. Hydration is super important in a weight loss journey as well as AMAZING for your skin and overall health.

8:30 AM- It’s time for breakfast! I’m going to start my mornings with a Shakeology chocolate vegan shake (which tastes fantastic) along with some portioned fruits! Shakeology is a protein shake that also has all the vitamins and supplements I need to lose weight.  

10:30 AM- I was sent everything I need with the 3-day refresh, so it was super easy to make my fiber drink. Not going to lie, it doesn’t taste great, but I know that it will pay off in the end. 12:00 PM- LUNCHHHHH Vanilla shake- Maybe I did this wrong, but the texture is super chalky. It tastes fine, but the texture is a little much for me.Luckily I was able to drink the entire thing while dreaming about the body of my dreams.

3:00 PM- Veggies and healthy fats are a great tasting snack! This program makes it so easy to plan my meals and portion control them.

6:00 PM– It’s dinna time! I get to drink another vanilla shake and pick a meal option from my little booklet. Honestly, all the meals look amazing and the one I chose tasted just as great as something I would typically make myself for dinner.

RESULTSSSS: So after three days of following my meal plan and some light workouts, I managed to LOSE 2.3 POUNDS!!!! That’s insane for only three days. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!? Although it was hard, I stuck to my diet and managed to get RESULTS. Not only did I lose almost 2 1/2 pounds, but I also curbed my junk food cravings, and I no longer want midnight snacks or super sugary food! I overall feel great. I’m no longer bloated, and I have so much more energy. I’m so happy with my results!

If you guys are interested in keeping up with my weight loss journey, follow me on Instagram @leahcasefit. I hope you all accomplish your New Year’s Resolutions, and I hope I can stick to mine.

XOXO,

Leah Germain

Leah Germain is a sophomore mass communications major at the University of South Florida St. Peterburg. She has passions of acting, singing, modeling, makeup/ skincare, and fashion. She aspires to one day be a media broadcaster and hopefully be the next Katie Couric but until then she can be found in her spare time at Starbucks, singing in the car, or getting her nails done. Leah Germain lives in Saint Petersburg, Florida.