photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

How To Get Inspired When You Feel Expired

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Do you ever feel doubtful or that it is not your time to shine? Depressed? Or even in the dumps? I know when I feel like this and need some inspiration, I almost never know what to do. Over time, I have figured out (still am figuring it out) some tips and tricks to help combat this annoying feeling you can’t seem to shake.  It is so weird to think that you have to try to be happy because sometimes it doesn’t always happen on its own. Mental health and happiness is always a work in progress because you are developing and learning about yourself over a period of time.

Tip 1. Make a list of things that bring you joy when you are happy 

(If you make a list when you are feeling down, you may feel at a loss for words or

even helpless.)

Tip 2. When you have little to no motivation, make a To Do List:

(Add little tasks for more motivation- it will not only make you feel more

accomplished, but it might make you more motivated to do more.)

Tip 3. Take time for yourself.

(Relax and make sure you are taking care of yourself. Go to the gym or take a walk, go to the hair and/or nail salon, get something to eat, or take a day to go to the beach.)

Tip 4. Talk to someone you trust.

Tip 5. Cry. Just Cry.

(Sometimes you just need to let it out and cry, yell, or scream at the world)

Or

(Find an outlet similar and *safe* to that of crying, but nothing that will harm yourself or others.)

Tip 6. BlaSt YOur MuSic AND gET in tHe ZoNe

Tip 7. Get to know yourself- Write YOUR Mission Statement

Take a personality test and learn as much as you can about your personality. I recently did this and learned more about my strengths, weaknesses, likes, and dislikes. I basically wrote a whole paper trying to learn about my personality and what it means to be me! It was so weird because I thought I always knew who I was; the truth is: a majority of my problems lie when I was trying to be someone that I am not, in order to fit in.

If your emotions are ever too much, remember you are never alone. Call the suicide prevention hotline (even for anxiety and depression) at 1-800-273-8255 or 911 if it an emergency.

Anastasia D'Ausilio goes to the University of South Florida St. Petersburg and is a Finance and Business major. She enjoys Keeping Up With the Kardashians and binge watching multiple seasons of Netflix shows. She lives in a small dorm with 7 other people and very different personalities, which makes for very interesting stories and a possible vlog channel.
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.