timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Your Guide to USF Week!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Looking for something fun to do next week?  If you’ve caught a case of “does-this-semester-ever-end blues” you’re in luck because it’s time for USF Week again! Here’s a highlight of some of the big events that you won’t want to miss this year.

MONDAY:
Similar to homecoming week, USF week is a way to crank up your school spirit and involvement. If you’re looking for a place to put your school spirit on full blast then you should attend the Bull Madness Pep Rally on Monday April at 12 p.m. in the MSC amphitheater. Raffles will have amazing giveaways including front row seats to see John Legend at ULS, meet and greet with one band of choice at Bullstock, and pre-game on-field sideline tickets, a tour of Raymond James, and seats of choice at the season opener against McNeese State. What away to kick off an fun packed week with a chance to make it even better!  

TUESDAY:
If you’re looking for some inspiration, don’t miss the University Lecture Series event “An Evening With John Legend” at 8 p.m. in the MSC ballroom as he speaks on the importance of education and civic engagement. According to University Lecture Series John Legend is a “nine-time Grammy Award winner, a multi-talented artist known for his signature vocals and songwriting style which has earned him legions of worldwide fans along with a string of Top 10 platinum-selling albums.” If music is a big part of your life, this is an event you would want to miss.

WEDNESDAY:
Are you in need of a pick-me-up mid-week? Come check out the Ultimate Bull Talent Show at 7:00pm in the MSC Oval Theater. This will be an entertaining event with the talent of our very own USF Bulls. This is the first annual Ultimate Bull Talent show so you don’t want to miss being a part of the beginning of a new USF Week tradition.

THURSDAY:
Who doesn’t love Rocky the Bull? How could we not with all of the pep and spirit he has given to our school! If you’re looking for something to celebrate as Friday approaches, go wish Rocky a happy birthday at Rocky’s Rockin’ Bday Bash on Thursday April from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. at MLK West Lawn.

FRIDAY:
If you want to extend that rush of excitement when you realize it’s Friday and you survived another week, head over to the Bullstock pre-party at 4 p.m. in the USF Medow. There will be two stages for a music festival, as well as food trucks, and other novelties such as inflatables, air brush tattoos, a rock wall, bungee jumping, zip line, etc. At 6 p.m. the party just gets better as it leads into a concert opened by the Battle of the Bands contest winners and features the All-American Rejects, Owl City and Hot Chelle Rae. Yes, we just squealed with you!

SATURDAY:
Have you been missing Saturday night football from last semester? The Spring season will begin this Saturday and kick-off will be at 5 p.m. at the good ol’ Raymond James Stadium. Check out a preview of what our new head football coach has in store for the Fall 2013 season by attending this year’s Spring green and white game.  

This list is only the beginning of the USF week events. For more events, check with some of your favorite organizations to see what they have planned.
Happy USF Week collegiettes!

Photo Credits: http://involvement.usf.edu/usf…

I am an editorial writer for Her Campus USF!
Ashley is a Chapter Advisor and currently living in Brooklyn, New York.