stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

WELLNESS WEDNESDAY: Benefits of Warm Lemon Water

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

If having a natural glowing skin is your goal, warm lemon water is the drink for you. It serves as the perfect ‘good morning drink’ by enhancing your beauty and rejuvenating skin from within bringing a glow to your face. Lemons are vitamin C-packed citrus fruits that prevent the formation of wrinkles and acne. As college students, we need an instant boost in the morning to give us the perfect energy to have a wonderful day at school. Feeling low and tired? Now you have the solution! The scent of lemon is known to be a natural relaxant that naturally uplifts your mood.

Having warm lemon water early in the morning also helps flush out toxins. It’s an awesome opportunity to start out the day fresh and renewed. Integrating this water to your daily breakfast will help you maintain the health of your eyes after many hours of study.

Is going to the gym part of your regular routine?  Lemon water helps replenish body salts, especially after an active workout session. It’s a great mixture that naturally gives you nutrients like calcium, potassium and pectin fiber.

Impressed with all the goodness? There is more! It also has medicinal values and antibacterial properties. You have the opportunity in your hands to combat those awful bacteria.

You must drink this concoction first thing in the morning. You may choose to brush before you drink it, or without brushing or gargling. To make the mixture you take a tall glass of warm (not hot) water and add the juice of half a lemon. Mix well and drink it quickly.

Make it a point and begin your day with a glass of warm lemon water. It’s easy and effective! Try it and see how your life transforms. Why not also inspire others and share how amazing your skin or even your energy has changed after you gave it a try.

Photo Sources:

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-4769/Why-You-Should-Drink-Warm-Water-Lemo…

From an early age Lucielle Salomon discovered her passion for the media. Becoming a media person has and is her goal in life. Energy, passion and laughter describe her. Having the opportunity to participate in different extracurricular events and becoming a professional model helped her become a confident and outgoing individual. Salomon considers herself as a person that embraces change due to her family relocating in different places over the years. Fashion is her passion. Further than clothes fashion is attitude and Salomon goes for it! Beyond her talent Lucielle always knew she had to follow her dream wherever it took her. “It does not matter what your dream is, it is what you do to accomplish it”. It’s a quote that is present in every decision she makes. Lucielle would love you profoundly, if you follow her on instagram/twitter: @luciellesalomon
Justine is a recent graduate of the University of South Florida. She received her B.A. in mass communcations in spring 2014. She was the 2013-2014 Campus Correspondent for Her Campus USF.She was also a News & Feature Writing Intern for College of Arts and Sciences and the Public Relations Campus Rep for Rent the Runway at USF. She is currently seeking agency experience and would love to someday work for a magazine, become a novelist, poet, editor, host of a Travel Channel show and much more.  She enjoys writing about fashion, beauty, art, literature, pop culture and student life. She spends most days listening to Lana del Rey, calming her nerves with various types of cheese, being sassy and trying to figure out when she can take a nap.Check out her website and portfolio here.She'd love you forever, if you followed her on Twitter @tinafigs_.Contact Justine regarding business inquires only at justinefigueroa@hercampus.com.