sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Top Ten New Girl Power Songs for a Post Break-Up Boost

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Need to get out of that post break-up funk? Give these ten girl power songs a listen: 

1. “IDGAF” by Dua Lipa

Dua Lipa has recently blessed us all with numerous girl power songs. “IDGAF” is specifically perfect for moving on and never looking back.

2. “Up To Something” by Naaz

This song supplies the confidence boost we need post break-up. We’re all “just the girl that’s up to something.”

GIF: Giphy

3. “B.O.M.O” by Tatiana Manaois

In case we forget that we’re fine on our own, Tatiana Manaois reminds us in her song “B.O.M.O.” She sings, “And I won’t lie, we could have been so good together, but I could do much better on my own.”

4. “Figures” by Jessie Reyez

Feeling a little animosity toward your ex? This song is perfect for you. Jessie Reyez sings, “I wish I could hurt you back. Love, what would you do if you couldn’t get me back? You’re the one who’s gonna lose something so special, something so real.”

GIF: Giphy

5. “FRIENDS” by Marshmello, Anne-Marie

If he can’t understand what the word friends means, send him this song.

6. “Confidently Lost” by Sabrina Claudio

Did your break up leave you soul searching? This song is perfect for you.

GIF: Giphy

7. “Shout Out to My Ex” by Little Mix

The group sings, “Hey look at me now, I’m all the way up I swear you’ll never bring me down.”

8. “Let Me Go” by Alesso, Florida Georgia Line, and Hailee Steinfeld

Here’s to the boys that won’t let go.

GIF: Giphy

9. “Watch” by Billie Eilish

Eilish sings “I’ll sit and watch your car burn with that fire you started in me.”

10. “This Is Me” by Keala Settle

Originally from the movie “The Greatest Showman,” Keala Settle inspires all of us to be confident in just being ourselves.

I'm Molly, USF's Editor-in-Chief!