Time To Pass The Torch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

The end of the spring semester brings finals, summer and a new campus correspondent for us!

My name is Ashley Weinaug and I have had the pleasure of being Her Campus USF’s campus correspondent for the past year. In a sense, I rebuilt our entire branch–interviewing a new executive board, adding new members and planning new events. It’s been a crazy (and stressful) year, but I, along with the rest of the new members, have sucessfully built up Her Campus’ name on campus. 

We held a kick-butt launch party with donations from local businesses, planned a Chic Tailgate for one of our home football games, had a Valentine’s Day Cutest Couple Contest and did a ton of other fun things! I was blessed by a group of incredibly dedicated and creative girls that I wouldn’t of traded for the world. This position allowed me to meet new students, connect with local businesses for donations and sponsorships and really provide a link for USF students to Her Campus. 

Although I am sad to be transitioning my campus correspondent position, I am proud to say that Justine Figueroa, our 2012-2013 editor-in-chief, will be taking over my position. She has proven her dedication and love to Her Campus through her previous position and will truly excel in her new position as campus correspondent.

I want to thank you all for an incredible year and hope that you will welcome Justine with open arms. I can’t wait to see all of the fun events and content planned for next semester. 

Happy summer and HC love,

Ashley Weinaug

Ashley is a Chapter Advisor and currently living in Brooklyn, New York.