Three Lifestyle Bloggers You Need To Follow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

You’ve heard of food blogs, decor blogs, recipe blogs, fitness blogs and even DIY blogs.  Another popular blog to add to the growing list is lifestyle blogs, for those of you that don’t know—a lifestyle blog is one that focuses on a variety of topics including personal activities, work travel trips, vacation getaways, fashion inspiration, beauty regimens and even workout routines.

Lifestyle bloggers go well beyond just simply blogging, these individuals are social media influencers; they take on brands and unequivocally make it their own, they shape their lives to essentially become their own brand name and in return are seen as public figures to everyone who follows along.

If you love to travel, and are in dire need of some creativity or just  some good ole fashion inspiration, with nearly 600 million Instagram users, here’s three that you should consider following:  

CHIARA FERRAGNI, The Blonde Salad

Top of the list is, 29-year-old, Los Angeles-based Italian Chiara Ferragni. If you haven’t heard of Ferragni are you really on social media? Ferragni is an ex-law student who decided to pursue a career in the fashion world rather than finishing law school (can’t say that I blame her). She started The Blonde Salad in 2009, flash forward nine years later, she has more than 8 million followers on Instagram, over 1.2 million likes on Facebook and over 500,000 page views per month on her website.

Ferragni can be considered a self made millionaire who essentially made her multimillion dollar career from taking pictures of herself, documenting her fun, quirky attitude and her love for fashion—and let’s face it, she’s winning. Ferragni has been featured on Forbes 30 under 30 list three times and has also graced the cover of 55 magazines. That’s 55 more than I ever had!

What makes Ferragni so likable to half the world? From following her on social media and on her YouTube channel, it’s easy to tell that she has a golden personality and is seemingly very comfortable with sharing almost every aspect of her life. From sharing pictures of her boyfriend, photos of her jet-setting all over the world, as well as documenting her time at high-end fashion events.

Ferragni is in the blogging world so much so that she’s caught the attention of luxurious brands including Dior, Burberry, Louis Vuitton, Max Mara, Chanel, Tommy Hilfiger, J Brand and Seven for All Mankind.

After bringing in roughly 8 million in revenue from her blog, and now running her own clothing line you can say that Ferragni is one of the highest paid bloggers there is.

JULIE SARIÑANA, Sincerely Jules

Sincerely Jules is what she goes by on Instagram but her name is Julie Sariñana. The Los Angeles-based, 31-year-old launched Sincerely Jules back in 2009, and with 4.5 million followers on Instagram, it’s also safe to say that she’s good at what she does and she’s certainly making a name for herself.

If you follow Sarinana, you can tell that her fashion style is quite different from the others and that’s what sets her apart. Think desert and festival wear 365 days out of the year and you have Julie  Sariñana. While most bloggers are more about frill, pretty colors and floral prints.  Sariñana is a whatever whenever type of girl.

If you’re looking for outfit inspirations, considering going to a festival, planning a vacation getaway—Sincerely Jules should be your pick. Like Chiara Ferragni and Julia Engel, Sarinana is a pioneer in the blogosphere and became a social media influencer by sharing her creative and fashion inspiration with the world, who in turns loves her for it.

Her love for casual yet trendy styles has brought inspiration to her own line of T-shirts. Aside from that she, has also collaborated with some big brand names like Revolve, Free People and Soludos. 

Julia Engel, Gal Meets Glam

If you’re one of Julia Engel’s 1.1 million Instagram followers, then you’re probably very familiar with her visually appealing blog as well as her Instagram page. Who do we thank for her stunning photos? Her husband of course, talk about a super duo conquering the blogging world together one photo at a time.

The San Francisco-based, 26-year-old launched her lifestyle blog titled, Gal Meets Glam in 2011 as a junior in college and now runs a full time blogging career. By heart I am nothing close to being a girly girl, but even I can appreciate Engel’s aesthetically appealing photos. Her pretty, bright and very feminine style has attracted the attention of many including myself.

Her looks are the perfect mixture between Southern and California style. If you’re a fan of both Serena van der Woodsen and Lauren Conrad, then Julia Engel is your fashion inspiration saviour. Her look goes well beyond the perfect southern girl style and it fits her perfectly.

Engel stated once that if she wasn’t blogging she would be pursuing a career in marketing, and with her eye for detail I have no doubt that she would be stellar in that career path too!

The more the better right? In addition to the bloggers in this article these lifestyle bloggers are also my favorite!  Aimee Song, Song of StyleCara Loren Van Brocklin, Cara Loren and  Luisa Accorsi

Get inspired and follow them why don’t ya!

I am a junior at the University of South Florida. I am specializing in Public Relations while pursuing certificates in Business and Visualization & Design. I hope to one day combine all of these and pursue law in the entertainment and even branch out to other passions in family law. While I am studying to achieve these dreams, I have furthered my collection of coffee cups and obsession with caffeine. I currently work as a barista and love to whip up new ideas, whether it be actual coffee creations or branding ideas. My other hobbies include enjoying short walks to the movies and my computer. This is usually to catch up on the latest and greatest shows. If it's not film, it is music. I love the thrill of listening to live music of my favorite and new bands. These inspire me to discover my individuality and brand, while challenging myself to help others find theirs.