This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

I’m officially halfway through college. This reality truly did not set in until after the first few weeks of junior year. It feels as though the emails pertaining to career services and graduate school applications have increased exponentially since last year. 

Wait, do I have to start thinking about this now?

The realization that I have to begin considering my future plans when I don’t even know my plans for next semester becomes overwhelming. When your relatives say that time flies in college, they truly were not lying. How did I become a junior already?

(Seniors, I cannot imagine how you must be feeling.)

During my mid-college crisis, I’ve begun to seriously question my decisions.  

Is this the right major for me?

Do I even know what I want to do in my life?

What if I won’t be ready to graduate?

Should I just go to graduate school to prolong the inevitability of entering the workforce?

I’m seriously considering that last one. 

In all seriousness, the mid-college crisis is real and can be very frightening as well as discouraging. Here are some important reminders for when we feel overwhelmed:

It’s okay not to know what you want to do. Some people don’t know until they’re much older. Everyone moves through life at their own pace, so not knowing where you want to go after graduation is normal!

You will be where you need to be. The universe, God, or any higher being that you may believe in, will ensure that you will be where you need to be. This may look like going to graduate school, entering the workforce right after graduation, taking a break, or extending your studies a bit longer. 

It can be easy to succumb to the pressures placed on college students and new graduates. If you’re feeling these pressures, it’s likely that you’re not the only one! Reach out to friends in the same year or major so that you all can support each other in these stressful times.

And listening to Taylor Swift is always a great way to feel seen and de-stress, in my professional opinion. 

Hello! My name is Rachel and my pronouns are she/her. I am an English student at the University of South Florida who loves to write and talk about fashion, art, and wellness! I am an avid Swiftie, boyband listener, foodie, and reader.