This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

It’s that point in the semester again. We’re halfway through. How crazy is that?! This time came out of nowhere and in your face. I know. I’m so sorry to remind you that we are once again halfway through the semester and only a few weeks away from summer. It truly feels as if we just got back to school but here, and now we are just weeks away from the beach, friends and non-stop adventures. But since we are here, I think that it is important to stop and reflect back on what we have done in the semester, and what we will continue to do in the rest of it. I think that sometimes school starts a little too fast and we’re unable to process what we have done. What we’ve implemented and what we have not implemented so I want to encourage you to take this moment to breathe in and breathe out.

Now that we are situated, we’ve breathed, calmed our minds a little. Let’s think about some things. How are you doing in your classes? How are you doing at work? How are you doing personally? Are you taking time for yourself? Below I’m going to list a couple of questions in different areas to prompt you to reflect back on your semester to see where you are at right now and what you are moving forward.

School:

–   How are classes going?

–   Any class you really like? A class you really hate?

–   Have your study habits helped you succeed thus far? Which ones are helpful? Which ones aren’t?

–   Are you seeking the academic help/support you might need? Why or why not?

Work:

–   Do you feel comfortable?

–   Are you doing more than you should? Why?

–   Is your job allowing you to grow?

–   What can you do to make your job more enjoyable?

Social Life:

–   Are you taking time to see your friends? Why or why not?

–   Are you meeting new people and gaining new experiences? Why or why not?

–   Are you doing too much? Is it time to dial back?

–   Are your social events shifting? For examples are you now doing more chill, lowkey things than before? Do you like this shift and how will you maintain it?

Personal Life:

–   Are you taking time for yourself?

–   What are you doing for self care?

–   Any new habits you want to implement?

–   Any old habits you want to get rid of?

–   Are you feeling the feeling that you need to feel or pushing them aside?

These questions are in no way entirely comprehensive but  they are some questions that I thought would be important to get those thoughts following. Allowing yourself to really think about what you’ve done in the last few weeks and how you want to move forward. What do you want to do, what do you want to keep, what do you not want to keep. These are the things that I want you to think about as you’re reflecting on what you’ve done this past semester.

I want you to move forward with a clearer mind and clearer goals. Know at this point what’s obtainable and what isn’t. We have had a few weeks to test and try some habits. To see if our New Year’s resolutions are working or not working. Keep for yourself the things that are working and are allowing you to move if not fast just at a steady pace. It’s totally fine to not be constantly growing or constantly at a fast pace. If you think that at this point in time you just don’t want to do anything drastic you don’t want to implement or take away anything else kind of keep that pace steady, there’s no need no pressure or rush to develop in any different way than the way that you have been developing and engaging with your life in the last few weeks. I, again, just wanted to remind you to look back and evaluate, so we’re able to finish the semester the right way, with a bang. We don’t want to finish a semester with any regrets or any what ifs.

Hopefully this list of questions gets you going. Feel free to share and discuss this with friends, not just with yourself. I think it would really help if these questions were spoken aloud and they were given the space to develop and be thought about. Best of luck in the rest of the semester you’re going to absolutely kill it!

Feel free to share your thoughts with me on Instagram! @alondra_lrp.

Alondra is a bright, smiley, cow-loving student majoring in Psychology and minoring in both biology and philosophy. She is also a pharmacy technician and hopes to one day become a doctor. On her day to day she is running from one place to another and being vocal about her activism. Alondra tends to be a busy bee and also a social butterfly. When she's not busy you will find her in a hammock and hanging out with her friends or family. She is also a proud puertorican, a libra , a Halloween fanatic and a mom to a lovely pitbull mix named Bella Rose