sean o KMn4VEeEPR8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sean o KMn4VEeEPR8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Fall in Love with Lemon Water

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

As temperatures rise and the heat of the summer begins to take a toll on our bodies, we find ourselves drinking more water. As you embrace these long 90 degree summer days make sure you stay hydrated, but the next time you pour yourself a glass of water think about adding lemon juice to it.

Ever consider the health benefits of lemon?

• Lemon is a natural energizer. It hydrates and oxygenates the body leaving you feel revitalized and refreshed like a day at the spa.

• Lemon water boosts your immune system. Lemons are filled with Vitamin C which is the first nutrient to plummet when feeling stressed and will fight against viral infections.

• Lemons are a natural energy booster. Try cutting out caffeine and replace your morning coffee with a cup of lemon water. It will leave you feeling hydrated and refreshed, ready for an afternoon at the beach.

• Lemon water helps you lose weight. Lemons contain pectin fiber which helps cut out cravings just in time for swimsuit season.

• Lemons will keep your skin blemish free. The antioxidants in lemons will keep your skin not only blemish free, but wrinkle free as well.

• Lemon water will cleanse your system. After a day of drinking at the beach, quench your thirst with lemon water. It will help flush out the toxins by enhancing enzyme function, stimulating your liver.

Lemon water is a personal favorite of mine because it has the same benefits as the expensive cleanses on the market. What I find simplest to do is to take a lemon (I always keep 12 in my kitchen for good energy) and roll the lemon with the palm of my hand pressing hard to extract the juice. I cut the lemon into halves and then into quarters. For one glass of water I use one quarter of the lemon and place the remnants in a bag in the fridge all ready to go for my next glass of water.

Another tasty lemon water recipe is to take an empty gallon jug and put half of a cut cucumber, two lemons cut in to quarters and 12 mint leaves in it. Next, fill the jug with six cups of water and set in your refrigerator for a few hours. This will leave you with a gallon of refreshing detox water at your fingertips.

Remember to drink plenty of water ladies, especially as it gets hotter out. Lemon water will leave you hydrated and feeling refreshed! 

Photo Source:

http://foodmatters.tv/articles-1/cheers-to-drinking-warm-lemon-water

Lover of all things Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, Harry Potter and fashion. Junior. Mass Communication major. Disney Cast member. Aspiring writer.