This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Thumbnail Photo by Bravo  It is the start of the spring semester and most of us are beginning to become swamped with coursework we forgot existed over winter break. In my mind, I had almost forgotten about Canvas, and now I get a notification from the app every other hour.

If you need a little distraction from your studying, put down your textbook and put on one of these reality TV shows. They are a guaranteed way to make you laugh or just simply entertain you for an hour while you forget about those three looming discussion posts you need to do by 11:59 p.m.

1. “Vanderpump Rules”

This reality show is a spin-off from the classic “Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.” The queen of RHOBH, Lisa Vanderpump (hence the name of the show, “Vanderpump Rules”), stars in this show that follows the lives of servers and bartenders that work at the restaurant she owns, SUR. This motley crew of restaurant staff never fail to shock us with a new cheating scandal, explosive fight or alcohol-induced drama. But at the end of the day, you can always count on Lisa Vanderpump to kick them into shape. 

GIF: Tumblr

2. “Chrisley Knows Best” This show centers on the everyday life of a wealthy family with southern roots. The patriarch of the family, Todd Chrisley, is not only a real estate mogul but arguably one of the strictest parents on TV. The show always makes me laugh with the kids’ shenanigans and the playful family dynamic.

GIF: Tumblr

3. “Are You the One”

“If your perfect match was standing right in front of you, would you even know it?” Eleven guys and 11 gals are put in a house and must figure out who is their perfect match. The matchmakers base a perfect match off many psychological tests the contestants undergo. If everyone finds their perfect match at the end, the cast wins one million dollars. If you are looking for a show with romance and drama, (but want something a little trashier than “The Bachelor”) then this is the one for you.

GIF: Giphy

4. “WAGS”

Wives and girlfriends of sports stars make up the acronym of this hit television show. The show focuses on women who have built a hierarchy of sorts among each other. The wives are at the top and the girlfriends usually fall to the bottom. The show features the wives and fiancées of some major players, including Antonio Gates and Julius Peppers. If you give this show a chance, you can see a glimpse of the exclusive lifestyle these women live and all the drama that comes with it. (“WAGS” has also branched out to “WAGS Miami” and Atlanta)

GIF: eonline.com

It’s time to take a break from “Keeping up with the Kardashians” and “The Bachelor.” I promise you’ll love these shows so much more.  What is your favorite reality TV show? Tell me in the comments!