pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Graduation Experience: Told By Jessie Neumann

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USC (AU) chapter.

We spoke to recent Journalism graduate and previous Her Campus USC writer, Jessie Neumann about her graduation experience!

Jessie’s Graduation Experience:

Graduation was the most exciting and nerve wracking experience. It makes you realise that it’s all over now and the rest is up to you! It’s also a time for reflecting on the lessons learnt, the friendships made and the experiences had. Remember to wear comfortable shoes and just have fun with your peers!

Jessie’s Goals:

My goals are to hopefully find a job to kick start my career or at least gain experience in the field of journalism and then eventually travel the world for a while before settling down to fulfil my passion of being a journalist.

Jessie’s Advice:

Advice for graduating students: have a thick skin! Be willing to cop constructive criticism and learn from it. Remember, everything happens for a reason and not everyone will get their dream job straight away. Be willing to start at the bottom and always give everything 110%. Also, take each unsuccessful interview process as a learning curve to grow and gain knowledge. The right job will come along if you don’t give up. And most importantly, relax! You made it! Now the fun starts!

What a trooper! Tell us about your graduation experience and you could win some awesome Her Campus merch! Click here for more info!

Jasmin Maastricht is a third year Journalism student at USC, the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of the Her Campus chapter at USC, as well as being one of the 2013 USC Student Mentor's, freelancing for online publication WeekendNotes and interning for Australia's number one online fashion store, Fashionfile. Her passion is Journalism but besides that, Jasmin has always had a strong interest in fashion and entertainment, completing six weeks of work experience with Noosa 101.3fm Community Radio Station and has had the amazing opportunity of working with Australia's number one teenage lifestyle magazines, DOLLY in April 2011 and again in April 2013 and Girlfriend in February, 2013. She has also scored herself internships with the Sunshine Coast's local newspaper, the Sunshine Coast Daily and with Caboolture News. She has been working with both papers eight months now. She has previously worked with Darby Radcliff with the Her Campus Ole Miss chapter while on exchange in Mississippi as well as working with the M s Observer magazine and has never looked back. Email Jasmin at jasminmaastricht@hercampus.com for any questions or getting involved at Her Campus USC or contact her via social media. HCXO!