Coming Soon: Accidental Death of An Anarchist Theatre Production

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USC (AU) chapter.
Calling all USC students! Need to take some time out to chill and have fun at the same time? What better way to do that then by buying tickets to the Performing Arts Kollective’s (PAK) new theatre production, “Accidental Death of an Anarchist” by Dario Fo being held at the Uni Club from March 7, 2014.

PAK’s Marketing Coordinator Mark Turner said there will also be an Italian themed festival to go with the performance. 

“This (the event) will be combined with an Italian themed festival held at the university of the Sunshine Coast,” Mark said.

Mark tells us it’s a great campus organisation to join for the performance minded.

“The University of The Sunshine Coast’s Performing Arts Kollective, a non-profit University Performing Arts Group
creating an artistic outlet for university staff and students of the Sunshine Coast is the focus behind this fresh, diverse and quirky theatre company.

“Formed in 2012 The Performing Arts Kollective draws upon the strengths of the university students’ willingness to learn and passion for developing ones’ skill set and uses these assets to produce and perform dynamic and contemporary works of art.”

Here’s a little blurb about what the play is about!

“For centuries on the lawns of university grounds and in the cafés surrounding them students have instigated revolutions, fervently driven to up-hold the tenements of social justice’ (this group though a collective and though engaged in a politically driven production are not your usual ‘ANARCHISTS’’ but a collective of creative university students passionately driven towards presenting a powerful play that PAKs a Punch.

In 1969 the anarchist Giuseppe Pinelli fell (or was thrown) from the fourth floor of a police station in Milan.

In Dario Fo’s outlandish version of events, an eccentric and charismatic Maniac runs wild in a world where police authority, legal logic and bureaucracy warp and spiral out of control.

This hilarious slapstick comedy allows its characters to rollick into spectacular absurdity whilst the status quo tumbles into mayhem, and profound political discontent.

PAK presents this evocative and highly entertaining production which blends multi-media with live theatre in an exciting and unique way. Italian themed entertainment and food stalls pre-show on the green next to the University club.

Directed by local award winning director Peta Beattie and starring Tara Bryan (most recently seen in Company BE’s production of Pride and Prejudice) in the role of the Maniac, this production is not to be missed!”

PAK Presents: Accidental Death of an Anarchist 
Directed by Peta Beattie and will be held on 7, 8, 9, 14, 15, 16 March 2014 at the Uni Club at the University of the Sunshine Coast, Sippy Downs.

Bookings are essential and can be booked here.

COMPETITION: We want all the backstage goss, photos from the event and from the Italian themed festival sent to jasminmaastricht@hercampus.com or posted to our Facebook page! The best photos and funniest captions will win some Her Campus gear! Get snapping this Friday for the opening show!
Jasmin Maastricht is a third year Journalism student at USC, the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of the Her Campus chapter at USC, as well as being one of the 2013 USC Student Mentor's, freelancing for online publication WeekendNotes and interning for Australia's number one online fashion store, Fashionfile. Her passion is Journalism but besides that, Jasmin has always had a strong interest in fashion and entertainment, completing six weeks of work experience with Noosa 101.3fm Community Radio Station and has had the amazing opportunity of working with Australia's number one teenage lifestyle magazines, DOLLY in April 2011 and again in April 2013 and Girlfriend in February, 2013. She has also scored herself internships with the Sunshine Coast's local newspaper, the Sunshine Coast Daily and with Caboolture News. She has been working with both papers eight months now. She has previously worked with Darby Radcliff with the Her Campus Ole Miss chapter while on exchange in Mississippi as well as working with the M s Observer magazine and has never looked back. Email Jasmin at jasminmaastricht@hercampus.com for any questions or getting involved at Her Campus USC or contact her via social media. HCXO!