jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Top 7 Apps to have as a College Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Nowadays it feels like there is an app for everything. Here are the top seven apps that college students use and need. 

1.Venmo

Photo by rawpixel on Unsplash

This app makes paying for everything so much easier especially if you are an out-of-state student and do not belong to a bank close to school. Venmo allows you to send, receive and request payments from your friends. It also provides direct withdrawl and deposit from your bank account without a high fee. 

2. GroupMe 

This app is a great way to communicate with groups of people without getting everyone’s phone numbers. You can use this app for clubs, sports teams, greek life or for any large group. 

3. Groupon 

Being a broke college student is a real thing, so if you can save money on even the smallest things like going out to dinner or getting your nails done, than why wouldn’t you? Groupon uses your location to locate the nearest deals in the area and you can even customize it to things that you like. 

4. School-Based Apps 

Photo by Levi Elizaga on Unsplash

There are so many school-based apps such as gradebook apps, clicker apps for in-class use or campus-based apps. Campus-based apps include things like dining hall menus/hours and bus schedules. 

5. Food-Ordering Apps 

Attending a college in New England means Dunkin Donuts are everywhere which also means using the Dunkin app to order on the go in-between classes. There are many other apps that allow for on the go ordering such as Starbucks and even McDonalds.

6. Uber/Lyft

These driving apps have changed the world of ride-sharing. With just a simple click you could have a ride, pay for it and even track when the ride will be at your location. 

7. Tinder/Bumble

Dating and hookup apps are taking over college campuses everywhere. By simply uploading a few pictures, adding a bio, giving your age preference as well as location, you may just find your perfect match so make sure you swipe right! 

I'm Natalie Prisco and I am a Senior at the University of Rhode Island majoring in Kinesiology on the Physical Therapy track. I am one of the Campus-Correspondents at URI. In my free time you can catch me going to the gym, hanging out with friends or binge watching Netflix.