This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Our Her Campus team is expanding!

We are looking for motivated, reliable and creative collegiettes that want real life experience in the world of online media.

All applications from undergraduate URI students will be considered. We have extended our application deadline and will be accepting applications until Friday, May 1 at 11:59p.m.

Click here to apply.

What is Her Campus…

“Her Campus is one of the newest student-run organizations at URI. It is up and coming, edgy, fun, and will be a group that works hard to give back to the URI community,” said President and Editor-in-Chief, Sabrina Galiney.

Since our recent launch on February 3, we have been working hard to get collegiettes excited about our organization and have had so much fun in the process. The current executive team is a group of outstanding, and of course, entertaining women who will be great connections to have after graduation. Beyond our laptops, the HC team gets the opportunity to collaborate with other organizations to promote awareness, fundraise, make statements about social issues and meet the coolest people all within the URI campus.

(Pictured above: Marketing coordinators Becca Johnson (left) and Courtney Bombardier (right) with HC swag & sweet freebies)

Why Join?…

“I joined the HC team because I knew it would be an amazing opportunity to practice writing, editing and working in a team” said executive editor, Emma Clarke.

Being a member of a Her Campus Chapter provides undergraduates with the chance to be published online before they even receive a degree, which is a privilege most students don’t usually get. Apart from real world experience in a field that might one day become a career, joining the Her Campus team has so many other benefits. National and chapter contributors are given the privilege to complete Her Campus’s “Master Internship Application” which is reviewed by HQ and sent to partners to help collegiette’s land summer internships. Previous candidates have been offered jobs and internships with Glamour, Vogue, Vanity Fair, Seventeen, Marie Claire, Harper’s Bazaar, People, The Huffington Post, Instyle, Esquire, and MTV.

Current Open Positions:

1. Writers – Executive writers must produce at least two articles per week for any of the four sections of the website including features, blogs, campus cuties, and campus celebrities.
  2. Editors – Executive editors will work alongside one writer each week editing at least two articles. Editors are welcome (and encouraged) to produce weekly content, as well.
  3. PhotographersExecutive photographers must submit at least two photographs per week for use on social media accounts or to be published in the snapshot section of the microsite.

**All executive members must attend a weekly meeting on Sunday evenings at 7p.m.

The best thing about HC is the freedom to do whatever you want. Members are held responsible for the weekly requirements that fall under their respective postition, but anyone on the team can write, edit, market, or photograph if they’re feeling inspired.

Training will occur during the last few weeks of school and contribution to the URI HC team will begin Fall 2015!

To Apply: Complete the following application and include your resume & two writing samples (or photographs for photographers)

For more information, please contact Sabrina Galiney, sabrinagaliney@hercampus.com.

Marketing major. Beer enthusiast. Lover of sports, adventures, and movies... but first, coffee.