Healthy Treats to Curve Your Sweet Tooth

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Everyone gets those cravings for something sweet late at night or even right after dinner. But instead of grabbing something unhealthy and feeling guilty later, try one of these instead.

1. Frozen Yogurt

Photo by Dan Gold on Unsplash

This frozen treat gives you the illusion that you are eating ice cream yet frozen yogurt is fewer calories. If you get a craving for this but didn’t get any at the store, you can make a makeshift type by sticking a regular yogurt in the freezer for a few hours. 

2. Dark Chocolate 

Photo by Simone van der Koelen on Unsplash

Not only does it satisfy your chocolate craving but it also has many health benefits. It has been discovered to be a good source of antioxidants, as well as lowering blood pressure and helping your heart health. 

3. Smoothie Bowl 

Throw your favorite frozen fruit and milk into the blender with some frozen acai. After blending, pour into a bowl and top it off with more fruit and some honey or coconut flakes. Not only do you have a frozen healthy treat but also an aesthetically pleasing photo-op.

4. Nice Cream 

Photo by Daniel Hjalmarsson on Unsplash

This has been the newest craze cluttering my newsfeeds with endless videos. It is a spinoff on not only ice cream but frozen yogurt. The recipes usually consist of cream and some type of frozen fruit. 

5. Three Ingredient Cookies 

Photo by Madison Kaminski on Unsplash

These healthy cookies cut back on the oils and other unhealthy ingredients found in a normal cookie. These cookies provide you with a warm sweet treat while also being super healthy. Such as these delicious peanut butter cookies. The recipe can be found here: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/11352/three-ingredient-peanut-butter-c…

I'm Natalie Prisco and I am a Senior at the University of Rhode Island majoring in Kinesiology on the Physical Therapy track. I am one of the Campus-Correspondents at URI. In my free time you can catch me going to the gym, hanging out with friends or binge watching Netflix.