Contest and Giveaway: The Importance of Friendship

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

The University of Rhode Island chapter of Her Campus will be hosting our first social media contest and giveaway starting Monday, March 8, 2015 at 12p.m. and ending Friday, March 13, 2015 at 5p.m.

It’s time to grab your bestie and take a selfie. For our first contest, we want to emphasize the importance of friendship and women supporting other women. Girl power is real, and we must embrace it.

To participate in the contest, please upload a photograph to Instagram of yourself and a woman in your life who means something to you. This can be your best friend, older sister, sorority sister, cousin, or anyone! Using the hashtag #HCXOURI, tell us what your favorite thing about this woman is.

The winner of the contest, and the lucky other woman in the photograph, will win two free copies of Dirty Rush by Taylor Bell.

The contest will run for five days and we will accept submissions until 5p.m. on Friday, March 13. The winner will be chosen by our executive team and the winner will be announced and contacted on Saturday, March 14.

Follow us on Instagram & Twitter @HerCampusURI and “Like” us on Facebook, here!

Sabrina is a senior at URI studying public relations. She is originally from MA but has found a home in the Ocean State. A peer mentor, sister of Kappa Delta sorority, and HC Campus Correspondent at URI, she loves being involved on campus. If she could describe herself in a few words, she would say she's a driven individual with a huge heart who's obsessed with all things fashion, music, and adventurous.