9 Things You Will Find in the HC Summer Survival Kit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Shoutout to Her Campus for constantly providing us with survival kits for any given time of the year. For spring break, we received a collection of goodies from our wonderful sponsors including pepper spray for protection, waxing strips to stay silky smooth on the beach, and copies of Dirty Rush by Taylor Bell. As the end of another school year quickly approaches, headquarters and our sponsors hooked us up with some more stuff to get us ready for the summer:

1. “April Showers” Emergency Poncho from boohoo

After spending what felt like forever curling your hair and perfecting the look with loads of hairspray, the last thing any woman needs is a little bit of rain to mess it all up. Thanks to boohoo, these emergency poncho’s have solved this common issue. Plus, they can fit in your purse. How convenient is that?!

2. Buy One Get One Free cards from Chipotle

It’s safe to say that nothing is more rewarding than a yummy meal after a hard week of finals. Celebrate all your hard work with something your taste buds will love and treat a special someone to a free meal before you say goodbye to each other for the summer.

(Photo credit: Sabrina Galiney @sabgaliney)

3. Crunch Live Free 30-day Membership

It’s been a long semester and hitting the gym might have been tough to fit into your schedule. With Crunch Live, you get unlimited access to 70+ online workouts inspired by Crunch’s most popular classes including kick butt cardio, strength training, yoga, pilates, and more! To get started on your FREE 30-day trial: visit CrunchLive.com, click “Get Started” & enter your info. Click “Join Now”, select FREE trial, and enter access code: HERCAMPUS in the billing section to redeem.

4. RICH BITCH: A Simple 12-Step Plan for Getting Your Financial  Life Together… Finally by Nicole Lapin

Budgeting sucks… But so does being broke. And, this is something that every college student can relate to. This book rehabs whatever bad habits you might have and provides a plan you can not only sustain, but thrive with. Congratulations to the raffle winners who visited our booth in the Memorial Union, who won free copies!

5. Blink Tattoos from the DMX, LAX, and MIA collections.

Nothing compliments a summer glow better than these awesome temporary tattoos that will keep you looking fabulous all summer long. Order your tattoos NOW and use promo code HERCAMPUSVIP to save 15% on your purchaes. Offer expires 5/15.

6. chloe + isabel G.E.M cards

Are you dreaming of becoming an entrepreneur? The Chloe + Isabel G.E.M program is right for you. The program sets up entrepreneurial college students for career success by offering marketable, real-world experience – a meaningful opportunity to build both your resume and your bank account. Check out our blog post for more information.

7. Her Campus Guide to College Life Postcard

The Her Campus Guide to College Life covers everything you need to know to rock college from how to get along with your roommates to how to avoid the ‘freshman 15’, deal with tough professors, snag internships, decide whether to study abroad, and much, much more. Take a second to help an underclassman learn how to have the best years of her life but gifting a copy to your little, or even your favorite high school senior who is entering college in the fall.

8. #WeAreUSA Magazine from boohoo

Boohoo.com has grown from the UK’s best kept secret to one of the fastest growing international e-tailers; it has quickly evolved into a global fashion leader of its generation. Their newest marketing campaign, #WeAreUSA is inspired by an American summerscene and captures the essence of youth. Partnering with actress Bella Throne as WeAreNow, Rapper Angel Haze as  WeAreBold, DJ Hannah Bronfman as WeAreFit, and model Chloe Norgaard as WeAreFree, the campaign brings together four influencers who represent a different facet of the American youth and embody what makes them them! Shop now on boohoo.com and use promo code HERCAMPUS30 at checkout for your exclusive 30% discount. Offer expires 5/25.

9. #CelebrateYourself

It’s been a long semester, and an even longer school year. While your weekends were filled with memories and great laughs with people who will be your friends forever, your weekdays consisted of midterms, finals, and an endless amount of homework assignments and group projects.  The next few months of no class, no homework, and no studying, are well deserved. This summer, Her Campus wants collegiette’s to take the initiative to celebrate yourself and everything you’ve accomplished this year. Here are some of the things URI students will be celebrating this summer:

Sabrina is a senior at URI studying public relations. She is originally from MA but has found a home in the Ocean State. A peer mentor, sister of Kappa Delta sorority, and HC Campus Correspondent at URI, she loves being involved on campus. If she could describe herself in a few words, she would say she's a driven individual with a huge heart who's obsessed with all things fashion, music, and adventurous.