5 Podcasts Created by Women That Your Soul Needs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Podcasts have always had a stigma for only appealing to older generations, but they are certainly a phenomenon that we need in our lives right now. I only began listening to podcasts this past year, and there are a few that every college woman should listen to. Podcasts are great for when you’re driving alone or when you just need a chill night without your phone or social media. They invite you to new conversations about life and everything in-between. All you need to do, is listen.

Call Your Girlfriend

It’s always refreshing to hear from powerful women, and this podcast always starts my day off right. Two girlfriends, Aminatou Sow and Ann Friedman, gossip about politics and pop culture. They’re the epitome of girl bosses and are not afraid to say what’s on their minds when it comes to a woman’s valuable place in the world. Their purpose of this podcast is to appreciate every part of women’s humanity. Subscribe now.

Anna Faris is Unqualified

This podcast is basically a reality show, only without the visual part. Anna Faris creates a whole experience with her celebrity guests to give a completely, unqualified and hilarious Hollywood relationship advice. 

Forever35

Hosts Doree Shafrir and Kate Spencer are everything, they talk about all things beauty – sheet masks, serums, exercise, anxiety and stress, nutrition and so much more. Their slogan is “a podcast about the things we do, to take care of ourselves.” The episodes also have guest appearances that provide tips and tricks for self-care routines, which are a must. 

2 Dope Queens

Literally the dopest and realest podcast out there. Phoebe Robinson and Jessica Williams are a dynamic BFF duo from New York. They give you the real scoop about sex, romance and race – along with everything and anything else.

Death, Sex & Money

Probably three of the most important topics. Host Anna Sale brings to light the things we think about a lot and need to talk about more. Named iTunes Best Podcast of the Year in 2014, it includes intimate conversations with celebs and audience members about money, relationships, mental illness, dying, career shifts and more. This is a must listen!