This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

With temperatures quickly dropping and a full New England winter ahead of us, gathering essential items to get you through the grit of the cold weather is crucial.  

1. Warm Blankets

Photo by Rex Pickar on Unsplash             

There is something about wrapping yourself up in a big fuzzy blanket that just screams winter. Whether it is a $5 blanket from Walmart or a heated blanket, it will help you survive the cold. 

2. Hot Chocolate

Photo by rawpixel on Unsplash 

With every sip, your soul feels a little bit warmer. If you don’t like plain milk chocolate, you can pick from various other flavors like peppermint mocha, salted caramel or white chocolate packets or K-cups. 

3. Fuzzy Socks 

Photo by Rosie Kerr on Unsplash

No one likes their toes being cold, so avoid this by getting yourself a pair or two of fuzzy socks. This may be my favorite part of winter. 

4. Lotion 

Photo by rawpixel on Unsplash

Cold weather means dry skin. To avoid this, make sure that you moisturize daily. My favorite lotions this time of year are any Bath and Body Works scents or Nivea

5. Movies 

Whether they are Christmas movies or just your all-time favorite movies, when you have downtime on the weekends and feel like curling up in a ball with your blanket, watch them!

I'm Natalie Prisco and I am a Senior at the University of Rhode Island majoring in Kinesiology on the Physical Therapy track. I am one of the Campus-Correspondents at URI. In my free time you can catch me going to the gym, hanging out with friends or binge watching Netflix.